Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

movies that make u cry an sad movies in all

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    rss3000 wrote: »
    i dont know any an wanna good tear jerker :)

Oh I watched Titanic yesterday - was bawling my eyes out ! Its not even the whole Love Thing which made me cry just the fact that so many peope died and people were so mean !

Gladiator ALWAYS gets me at the last bit where he goes back to his wife and son ...

Green mile .. but only really the first few times I saw it last time I watched it I was wrecked so not very emotional

The last Lord of the Rings film .. thats a bit embarassing to admit

Armagedan (sp) when her dad dies !

Forest Gump - when his mum dies and when Bubba dies and when Jenny dies .. and Forest Jnr is just so sweet !

Cant think at the moment ..
    Rachael wrote: »
    a little princess when her dad remembers who she is .. awh mannnn :crying:

ohhh that is so sad! i proper love that film!

the green mile is horrible. i couldnt even watch past halfway through it cos it was disturbing me!

i cry at millions of films, i am amazingly soft though. i cried at rugrats once but especially:

romeo & juliet
    10 things i hate about you (when she reads the poem!!)
    the notebook
    FOREST GUMP! (especially at the end when hes talking to her at the grave)

hmm cant think of anymore. i bet theres loads though.
    I cried with anguish at the Titanic. What a long, boring piece of shite that was.
    The only movie that has ever made me cry was Lion King. I'd blame it on my age at the time but I also bawled each time I saw the play. I've yet to see another movie that makes me sad. But then again, I usually stay away from chick flicks to begin with.
    Notebook made me cry.
    So did:

Of mice and men
    Lion King
    Edward scissorhands
    The green mile
    Gladiator

Can't think of any more off the top of my head
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I cried with anguish at the Titanic. What a long, boring piece of shite that was.

Ha, roger that!

I watched Beaches with my bloke a while back (I've never managed to get all the way through it myself, because it is just undeniably turgid shit) and he cried. I would say "in his defence it was really late and we were really tired..." but basically, it cannot be defended. I was - and still am - suitably disgusted. Grow a pair, man!

Disney films are good for a cry, particularly Dumbo, The Jungle Book and The Fox & the Hound. Those animals get to me! Same with those scenes in The Lion King and Bambi. Going back many years (but not enough for this not to have been embarrassing) I was on a flight to America and The Lion King was one of the film options. It got to the part when Simba's trying to wake his dad up and when he can't he crawls under Mufasa's paw for one last hug. I cried so hard at that point that the bloke in the seat in front of me actually leaned around the seat and gave me a big old "what the fuck?" look.

I think Mary Poppins is one of the best, funniest films ever made (I have huge love for Mrs Banks) but last time I saw it I cried buckets at the Feed the Birds song. I'm starting to question my sanity, but it does seem so harsh that NO ONE WILL FEED THE FUCKING BIRDS. It only costs tuppence a bag, after all. Tight-fisted gits.

Erm, what else... [the last scene in particular of] Life is Beautiful is unbearably sad and poignant. If anybody told me they didn't at least tear up watching it then I would strongly suggest that they went to see the Wizard about getting a heart (I kid, I kid... kind of).

I think in the last thread like this I mentioned Hotel Rwanda, I don't think I'd be up for watching it again as I found it so gruelling and shaming, but I'm glad I've seen it. The scene where the tourists are sent home, and the natives are made to stay at the hotel... well, suffice to say I lost my shit at that point. The combination of the children's voices, the rain and the totally unglamourised, unfettered raw emotion was just a bit too much for me.

Sophie's Choice is heartbreaking. My nerves were shot after watching it, it's just so difficult to watch :(
    Most of the films I cry at I've watched so many times (Lion King, Titanic) that it wears off a bit, which is my own fault really.

Saying that, Schindlers List made me go a bit, but then it was maybe a bit more shocking than it was a tear-jerker. Still not watched My Girl enough to totally dilute the emotion either.

This is quite bad to admit, but last year when me and my Mam had a massive falling out for most of the year I always cried at the bit in Home Alone 2 when he's in New York looking out of the window saying "Goodnight mom", and she's in Florida looking out of her window saying "Goodnight Kevin" and that set me off.

Notting Hill and Love Actually always set me off if I'm in a slushy mood too :nervous:
    briggi wrote: »
    Disney films are good for a cry, particularly Dumbo, The Jungle Book and The Fox & the Hound. Those animals get to me! Same with those scenes in The Lion King and Bambi. Going back many years (but not enough for this not to have been embarrassing) I was on a flight to America and The Lion King was one of the film options. It got to the part when Simba's trying to wake his dad up and when he can't he crawls under Mufasa's paw for one last hug. I cried so hard at that point that the bloke in the seat in front of me actually leaned around the seat and gave me a big old "what the fuck?" look.

:(

I think I'm going to tear just reading that.

hug.gif
    Magnolia - makes me pretty much weep at a few points.
    The Notebook - my, oh my.
    The Lion King - Sweet sweet Mufasa!
    The Green Mile - absolutely blubbered.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Yes I cried watching that film last year.

Have you seen any other Ken Loach films? Kes is a tearjerker, as is Land & Freedom.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Anything with Ben Stiller...

The fact that people still find him funny makes me cry.
    The Lion King
    Forest Gump
    A beautiful mind
    Dumbo (but I won't watch that because it makes me too upset!)
    Ghost (haha)
    Forest Gump? My god. :eek:
    Depending on what mood I'm I cry at loads of things, its a bit of a joke with my friends how I cry at odd things sometimes.
    i must be the only person in the world who didnt cry at the lion king, i love disney films but i just dont get the hype over that one :/
    i must be the only person in the world who didnt cry at the lion king, i love disney films but i just dont get the hype over that one :/
    :O!!! YOU HAVE NO HEART!! :(
    The episode of Simpsons where Bart steals and then his mum decides he's too old for family stuff and he gets all left out and has to make a snowman on his own and ohhhhh :(

That's my crying sesh done for the day.
    The episode of Simpsons where Bart steals and then his mum decides he's too old for family stuff and he gets all left out and has to make a snowman on his own and ohhhhh :(

That's my crying sesh done for the day.

haha, you've so just watched that on tv havent you, so have i :D

i didnt cry though. i do cry at everything though. just not the lion king apparently. hmmm.
    finding forester an forest gump an teen wolf when it ended an this movei called Simon berch i think bout a kid who has a illness an dies to young an green mile so not alot for now this is why i ask o an how could i forget savin private Ryan how sad was that at the end .:thumb:
    The notebook is an amazin' film. So sad :(