Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

the five things you did you regret

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm starting to regret reading this thread...

Lol A bit depressing innit.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol A bit depressing innit.

:yes:
    1. Losing my virginity to who i did - it not really a massive regret but i wish i had waitin until i was in a relationship
    2. I regret not tryin harder in school

they are the only things up to yet
    1 - not taking a jumper to college this morning, or an umbrella

2 - thinking about choices too much, so the opportunities just pass me by

3 - not telling my mate I was upset about his behaviour at the time, because now its bugging me but its really to late to drag it up again

4 - not starting revision sooner

5 - booking a holiday several months ago with a mate i've kinda lost contact with and so don't know very well anymore :blush:
    1. Agreeng to work with omeone I hate
    2. Amitting on here that I self harm
    3. Not moving on 2.5 years ago when I got told to (I fancy a friend of mine and it got really messy)
    4. Admitting to the person I mentioned abve that I self harm
    5. Agreeing to do A Levels instead of an NVQ
    it seems that most of these regrets are not doing something you should/could have done, rather than doing something and it going wrong.

if you get my drift...
    not organising transfers from my hotel to airport - ended up 2kl away on a motorway with a huge massive fucking suitcase
    * Dropping out of college
    * Not continuing acting
    * Losing friends out of pride and stubborness
    * Getting a tattoo of my own name on my arm when i was 14
    * Spending my money I put aside for a car on complete bollocks

(* Replying to this coz its gettin me all depressed)
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    * Getting a tattoo of my own name on my arm when i was 14

:lol: Of your OWN name?!? Awww......:D :p
    katchika wrote: »
    I don't really agree with regretting things. I could spend forever listing stuff like not respecting myself, drinking too much, cheating on people, taking risks, breaking the law, all sorts. But you live and learn, and as humans you take stock of what you've done in the past and adjust.

I wouldn't be who I am now I hadn't have done all the stuff I'd done in the past and I also think it helps me to understand other people making bad decisions.

Exactly that.
    Getting a huge burn mark across my tit yesterday at a bbq. :(
    Sofie wrote: »
    2. Amitting on here that I self harm

can i ask how come?
    Getting a huge burn mark across my tit yesterday at a bbq. :(

OUCH!!
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol: Of your OWN name?!? Awww......:D :p

:no: I was just so stubborn and HAD to get one done. Stupid teenage brain- ruined my left arm for life.

But it is a good icebreaker like when I went out to a bar the other day, some guy came up to me and was like "Hey, what's up Tasha". I got all paranoid saying "HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!"
    He said, "Its written on your arm." Totally forgot. :lol:
    deceelpool wrote: »
    OUCH!!
    You're telling me. I hadn't planned on having a 2½ inch scar on my boob this summer. Great timing. :(
    :no: I was just so stubborn and HAD to get one done. Stupid teenage brain- ruined my left arm for life.

Is it a small one or a massive one all down your arm? Surely you could get it modified into something else if you're not happy with it? Or fall in love with another girl called Tasha and change your name?
    Not going to many lectures and leaving all my work until the last minute
    kangoo wrote: »
    Is it a small one or a massive one all down your arm? Surely you could get it modified into something else if you're not happy with it? Or fall in love with another girl called Tasha and change your name?

Its right across the span of my arm, and truthfully, it was done really artistically and it's pretty, so cant complain about that. Its just the fact I got MY OWN flippin' name on MY OWN arm!
    Its right across the span of my arm, and truthfully, it was done really artistically and it's pretty, so cant complain about that. Its just the fact I got MY OWN flippin' name on MY OWN arm!

There's always gonna be a risk that you'll regret it later with tattoos- but bless ya heart, that was a bit daft. ;)

I don't get what's so bad about having your own name tattooed on yourself. It's far better than anyone elses name. I thought it was pretty normal to have your name as a tattoo. I've got my name tattooed in elvish on my back.

Ho hum.
    I don't get what's so bad about having your own name tattooed on yourself. It's far better than anyone elses name. I thought it was pretty normal to have your name as a tattoo. I've got my name tattooed in elvish on my back.

Ho hum.

Elvish? Is that actually a language?
    It's better than tattooing your daughter's name, spelling it wrong, crossing it out and starting again underneath.
    lol and no not moi
    Loopi wrote: »
    uhuh
    Yeehh. I didn't choose it because I'm a total LOTR geek (although I do actually love LOTR), it's just a really pretty looking language.

Ho hum.

Yeah but yours is in a language that doesn't obviously say your name- they'd have to ask and go "oh yeah, its my name in Elvish" and then you can get into the whole LOTR thing.

Better than them asking "Why'd you get your name on your own arm" and making the "...incase you forget?" joke and then have to explain what a stubborn 14yr old you were and that it might come in handy for identification. if ever attacked by an axe murderer...

Ah well, its okay really. Just stupid...and quite funny
    Yeehh. I didn't choose it because I'm a total LOTR geek (although I do actually love LOTR), it's just a really pretty looking language.

Does that mean that there are such things as elves? Or is it just a made up language from stuff like LOTR and other weird shit? Sorry if I'm being dense.
    1. Wasting three years of my life with a complete tosser (and although I realise its made the person I am today and I'm really strong because of it, I still regret spending some of the best years of my life bloody miserable :grump:)
    2. Self harming. The scars haunt me.
    3. Errr, letting personal issues get to me in the second year which meant I didn't do very well which means I can't get anything higher than a 2:2 overall :(
    4. Not telling my Grandad how much he meant to me before he died
    5. Wasting money on a cross-trainer that I don't use :blush:
    Does that mean that there are such things as elves? Or is it just a made up language from stuff like LOTR and other weird shit? Sorry if I'm being dense.

lol I'm fairly sure Elves don't exist, does that help? :p

I regret getting extremely pissed on Saturday night and headbutting the fridge door at full pelt, and having to explain this to every person in the office today. ho hum.
    lol I'm fairly sure Elves don't exist, does that help? :p

Thank God for that. I was getting a tad freaked out for a moment there.
    There is only a tiny number of things I do feel genuine regret for.
    (1) I wish that I had learnt to drive a year or two earlier, but on the plus side, I'm currently well on the way to passing my test. It's in just over three weeks from now.
    (2) I regret not treating my first girlfriend with more respect, and not committing to her. I was with an incredibly special woman - and I squandered my chance. Never again.
    (3) I regret not seeking help earlier when I was depressed. It need not have got as far as a failed suicide attempt before I realised it was time to seek assistance.

As for things I've done, and regretted since, I wish I'd never got so drunk and out of it that I ended up waking up in bed with someone I'd never met, having no idea what happened the previous night. That was a real wake-up call.