Home Travel & Free Time
Take part in our Watch Club tonight at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the TV series Euphoria! Join from this page.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

First tape/ C.d./ Record (if your really old hehe) that you bought

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think mine was either :

Sweet like chocolate - Shanks and Bigfoot

or

Mambo No. 5 - ?

Not bad taste for like an eight year old :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The first single that I ever remember paying for... but not actually going to the shop to buy ... was "Baby Give It Up" by KC and the Sunshine Band on vinyl. I was only 4 at the time though and my mum helped me to save my pocket money.
    I think mine was either :

Sweet like chocolate - Shanks and Bigfoot

or

Mambo No. 5 - ?

Not bad taste for like an eight year old :)

You are making me feel really OLD. I remember going clubbing when those songs came out.

:blush: And seeing a live PA from the woman who sang Sweet like Chocolate (sharon woolfe)

I think the first tape I bought was the Simpsons-Sing the Blues, and the first CD I bought was Nirvana-Nevermind (we didn't get a CD player till I was 13)
    Fuck I can't remember....the first CD I remember owning, although I'm sure I had some before this, was Eiffel 65 - Blue.
    I also remember having a Britney Spears CD lol and I had some tapes but I can't remember for shit to be honest.
    Ummm Whitney Houston's Greatest Hits on cassette :blush:
    First one i bought off my own back was .... Aerosmith - Get a Grip on CD...bought it when i got my first CD player when i was like 9 or something. Big brick of a bugger it was. lol

Prior to that i had tapes of Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi, but i didnt buy those ones.
    Probably something like Babylon Zoo. I think my first compilation album was Dance Mania 3. I Like To Move It Move It, and Don't Stop (Wiggle Wiggle) the dirty version :hyper: :blush: :angel:.

First good album though was The Fat Of The Land. I was up there in my bedroom, "Smack My Bitch Up" raving away.
    I have no idea what the first CD I brought was...

I remember the first vinyl though, it was SIA - Little man
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Although I liked lots of my parents stuff from an earlier age, I got my very own first album in 1988 - it was Kylie's first album on tape :D
    Bucks Fizz's album on tape - I'm assuming they only made one. Either that or some good ol' Shakin' Stevens
    The Outhere Brothers-Boom boom boom!
    Babylon Zoo - Spaceman or a Pulp album, I can't remember.
    First Vinyl - Claire & friends - horrible being in love when you're eight and a half
    First CD - Kylie by Kylie

Can't remember my first cassette that I bought, but I do know that one of the first ones I owned (that wasn't a nursery rhyme one) was Bros & PUSH :yes::lol:
    Either Malcom McClaren or Thompson Twins.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Either Malcom McClaren or Thompson Twins.

Did you listen to them on your gramophone ? :p

:D
    How cool am i:
    1st single, fugees - killing me softly
    1st album, oasis - whats the story (morning glory)
    :blush: britney spears- hit me baby one more time.. i think...it may have been enya...
    the first single i ever bought on cd was wannabe, by spice girls haha. it was either that or mmmbop by hanson. so cool am i.