Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

idiots bidding on ebay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Read the description.
There's some idiots out there.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its e bay ... what do you expect...
    but take that 'cmon ... :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Is there any chance it could be true? I remember hearing of Ticketmaster (I think that was the name) going bust and therefore people missing out on their tickets.

Perhaps due to the problem with the confirmation they know they wont make the money expected.

However, I wouldnt personally do it, but I have seen worse and more obvious scams on there.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    That's nowhere near as bad as some of the things I have seen people buy (Jesus in toast, anyone?). If push comes to shove, they have wasted a tenner. However, if they *do* have tickets, then it is quite a bargain.

I would check feedback / other items for sale etc, but it could be worth it if you are a big enough TT fan.
    I posted the wrong link the one it should've been there had been 13 bids and the winning bid was £103. I'll find it and edit the 1st post.
    someone obviously has £103 to waste if they're prepared to shell out for tickets that may not even exist! Would they get their money back if it turned out that they didnt get the tickets (i mean from ebay) or would they lose their money because they have paid out knowing that they may not get the tickets?
    I'd rather shell out £15-£20 for a legitimate ticket to see the Chemical Brothers :-)
    The bidding has ended, what did the description say?