Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Psychology!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, can anyone on here tell me what a correlation matrix is?!?

I need it for an essay i have due in on wednesday, and i have no clue what it is!!!

Really wish i hadn't been 'ill' that day
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a correlation matrix -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_matrix :)

(sorry if that's not much help, I hate stats :p )
    the relationship (if any) between 2 diffrent variables
    stats = :yuk:
    Yeah... i think i may just leave that bit out!!! :p
    otter wrote: »
    the relationship (if any) between 2 diffrent variables
    stats = :yuk:

Ooooh, that seems easier to understand!!!

I really hate stats, hate hate hate it :grump:
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Ooooh, that seems easier to understand!!!
    erm... yeah... but you could have said anything to do with statistics and the answer would be exactly the same. put incredibly simply thats all its about.
    shadow wrote: »
    blimey im so glad im not doing physciology.:) Looks really difficult:yes:

I know!!! I really didn't think ther'd be so much stats involved. I hate biology as well and theres loads of that
    I'm finishing my 3rd year of a psychology degree and I have no idea what that is!! I also hate stats they are a nightmare, I've blagged my way through hoping I never have to see them again!
    blimey there was me thinking my it course im doing was difficult :D:lol::)

psychology is often not what people think its about. 99% of it is stats :yes:
    Are you doing this physicology at uni or something bloody hell it looks amazingly difficult?

Yeah, I'm doing it at uni.

If i'd realised how much stats it is i would never have done it. Maths is so not my strong point!!!
    And the stupid thing is im doing it with another subject, so if i get a crap grade on this, it brings down my other subject, which im actually really good at, and would be able to get a 1st in if it wasn't for this
    kangoo wrote: »
    I'm finishing my 3rd year of a psychology degree and I have no idea what that is!! I also hate stats they are a nightmare, I've blagged my way through hoping I never have to see them again!

Lol! I think i'm gonna end up finishing it without knowin what it is either!!!
    Lol! I think i'm gonna end up finishing it without knowin what it is either!!!

What year are you in? I blagged a load of stats in my 1st and 2nd year without having a clue and the only stats I had in my 3rd year was for my dissertation where I designed my experiment so all I needed was a nice simple 2x2 ANOVA :)
    kangoo wrote: »
    What year are you in? I blagged a load of stats in my 1st and 2nd year without having a clue and the only stats I had in my 3rd year was for my dissertation where I designed my experiment so all I needed was a nice simple 2x2 ANOVA :)

Im in my second year. I feel as though i havent got a clue!!! It would help if i went to a few more of the workshops. :blush: I can just about get my head around ANOVA, but thats about it!!!
    It would help if i went to a few more of the workshops.
    get your head around some journals/research = key to success more so than attending anything. :yes:
    They are a bugger. I'd go to as many workshops as you can because it can really help having someone explaing it to you rather than struggling through on your own. Also I found they do expect you to listen in the 1st and 2nd years and take away the help in the 3rd year! I was stuck in my dissertation doing my ANOVA with all sorts of rediculous parametric assumptions and I nearly went mad! Sorry I'm not really making you feel better but I feel your stats-related pain :banghead:
    i've started to think that psychology and mathematics together would be an ideal degree. psychology and statistics fit together like physics to mechanics