Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Photo Thread 10

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote: »
    :lol:

let the conspiracy theories start. i'm sure it was just names out of a hat, i'm absolutely sure...

no Helen said that Jim picked those that he thought contributed the most to the site.
    Rachael wrote: »
    Yeah thanks for that Lacy. I'm gonna call you a dirty douche bag in every post now just to prove a point :razz:

Lol well it's such a con. Everyone else contributes and they go an pick a load of nice people to represent us all. I've a good mind to write to the papers about this! :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    nah I spoke to helen about it, coz I was proper suprised that I was asked, and it was a bit of a draw thing. There were quite a few by the sounds of it, to be put forward, and then it was whittled down.

but yeah we are favourites :p
    Bunnie wrote: »
    haha, I think it was joint at me and you! Until I got told to get off the dance floor...I still stick to the excuse it was because I was dancing, not like what you said..."Its because you were shit!" haha

Aww, I'm sure your dancing was lovely :heart:
    Bunnie wrote: »
    nah I spoke to helen about it, coz I was proper suprised that I was asked, and it was a bit of a draw thing. There were quite a few by the sounds of it, to be put forward, and then it was whittled down.

but yeah we are favourites :p

well how lucky that koe got picked out of the "draw" too and then GWST and Kermit also happened to be picked out :chin:
    lipsy wrote: »
    well how lucky that koe got picked out of the "draw" too and then GWST and Kermit also happened to be picked out :chin:

No well obviously one or the other was picked. Would be hard to invite one without the other.
    no Helen said that Jim picked those that he thought contributed the most to the site.

This is true, but there were loads more than us. It's just we got drawn out from them that got picked.
    It was obvious that Kermit and GWST would be picked. They're like the mods bitches. They go everywhere with them.

I'm ashamed of the rest of them though. Didn't even leak me the details so i could gatecrash. Shame on you :razz:
    Lacy wrote: »
    It was obvious that Kermit and GWST would be picked. They're like the mods bitches. They go everywhere with them.

Yet rarely post, if at all anymore.

C'est la vie. Hope you all had a good time and rinsed it for whatever you could - I know I would have. :razz:

I'm ashamed of the rest of them though. Didn't even leak me the details so i could gatecrash. Shame on you :razz:

Hm I dont think thats particularly fair. Ellie and David have contributed an immense amount. Especially to the Home and Money forum and...I didnt tell you for your own safety. Security was tight. Shoulda seen the size of the bouncers!! :nervous:
    Ok fair enough. I was just a bit miffed when I heard about it, especially when it was kept so hush hush.
    Hm I dont think thats particularly fair. Ellie and David have contributed an immense amount. Especially to the Home and Money forum and...I didnt tell you for your own safety. Security was tight. Shoulda seen the size of the bouncers!! :nervous:

haha, but saying that, apparently one of them was doing a MA in fine art...wasnt what i was expecting but then perhaps I am bouncerist!

No need to be miffed Lipsy, there will be more things in the future I am sure.
    Ok fair enough. I was just a bit miffed when I heard about it, especially when it was kept so hush hush.

Totally, but a big thread in Anything Goes with everybody getting excited about it would've pissed a good few people off more than pictures would, y'know?

I know people were a bit apprehensive of posting photos of it incase other people thought they were rubbing it in.
    Ohh, I never knew there was a ball. That was kept very hush hush I must say

Funny pics.. looks like it was a .. fun night :razz:
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Totally, but a big thread in Anything Goes with everybody getting excited about it would've pissed a good few people off more than pictures would, y'know?

I know people were a bit apprehensive of posting photos of it incase other people thought they were rubbing it in.

Lol why would we be bothered that there are posters deemed of higher worth than the rest of us? Last time i looked we all contributed to the forums and it's fuckin cheeky that a few of you were singled out as better than the rest of us. I for one can't think of anything worse than a ball or spending a night with the mods but on principle i think it's slightly out of order.
    To be fair it was kept hush hush because we didn't really want anyone to feel left out. We were only given 8 seats and had to decide how to divide them up - which is always going to mean people being left out - and that's always a shame.

There are supposed to be more balls coming up over the next year or so, so fundraising permitting hopefully we'll be able to invite some other people next time. Who knows maybe we can even try to organise something to thank a much bigger group of users seperately... I'll see what I can think up.
    Lol why would we be bothered that there are posters deemed of higher worth than the rest of us? Last time i looked we all contributed to the forums and it's fuckin cheeky that a few of you were singled out as better than the rest of us. I for one can't think of anything worse than a ball or spending a night with the mods but on principle i think it's slightly out of order.

Well I kinda think it's fuckin cheeky that we are being singled out like we should feel guilty or something. Like Bri said we weren't being sneaky or sly by not mentioning it on here, we just didn't want to rub it into people's faces. The tickets were pretty expensive hence not everyone being invited so there was obviously going to be a limited number of places.

If you can't think of anything worse then spending an evening with the mods then why are you so pissy? Yeah we had a laugh and had a good time as you can see. Don't get at us over it. I'm sure you can PM Jim if you are that narked about it.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My God! :rolleyes:
    Well I kinda think it's fuckin cheeky that we are being singled out like we should feel guilty or something. Like Bri said we weren't being sneaky or sly by not mentioning it on here, we just didn't want to rub it into people's faces. The tickets were pretty expensive hence not everyone being invited so there was obviously going to be a limited number of places.

If you can't think of anything worse then spending an evening with the mods then why are you so pissy? Yeah we had a laugh and had a good time as you can see. Don't get at us over it. I'm sure you can PM Jim if you are that narked about it.

Lol there is so much wrong with that i can't even be bothered to put together a half decent reply. It wasn't you or anyone that went i had a problem with, the fact that they put together something and kept it secret like that. As i said it's not something i'd fancy personally but it doesn't stop me thinkin it's out of order.
    As we said it was a n industry fund-raising event for 350+ people who paid £1,000 a head. The idea of inviting a few users came up, so we did - but it wasn't a TheSite.org thing specifically, or even planned to involve anyone from the community at all initially - which is why it wasn't mentioned - as we couldn't do anything to invite anyone more, it seemed unfair to mention it in advance and then see people like you pissed off you weren't pulled out of the hat.
    Jim V wrote: »
    To be fair it was kept hush hush because we didn't really want anyone to feel left out. We were only given 8 seats and had to decide how to divide them up - which is always going to mean people being left out - and that's always a shame.

Fair statement, but how were people chosen?

Was it shortlisted or something and then the selected few were the ones who came out of the hat?
    There were some people because of their previous volunteering and there involvement in some very scary and much less fun events we wanted to say thank you to. There were some people we wanted to thank for their specific contributions to why the website is here (a forum for providing advice and support) and there were names that came out of the hat.

And believe me, it was a hard decision - and there will be things again in the future that other people will be in the hat for again :)
    As we said it was a n industry fund-raising event for 350+ people who paid £1,000 a head. The idea of inviting a few users came up, so we did - but it wasn't a TheSite.org thing specifically, or even planned to involve anyone from the community at all initially - which is why it wasn't mentioned - as we couldn't do anything to invite anyone more, it seemed unfair to mention it in advance and then see people like you pissed off you weren't pulled out of the hat.

Woah there horsey. I was not pissed off that i wasn't chosen. Can i just make that 100% clear lol. It's the sneaky way it was done like. Way it's been made to sound is that they were chosen because they made the most contribution to the boards. How do you work that out!? Ok so you've just said how you worked that out. Still bit iffy though.
    Woah there horsey. I was not pissed off that i wasn't chosen. Can i just make that 100% clear lol. It's the sneaky way it was done like. Way it's been made to sound is that they were chosen because they made the most contribution to the boards. How do you work that out!? Ok so you've just said how you worked that out. Still bit iffy though.

I think the thing to bear in mind was that it wasn't the 'most' contribution - it was a very long list of lots of people who contribute and then people came out of the hat for the majority of the places. After all we were hardly going to invite monocrat ;)
    I think the thing to bear in mind was that it wasn't the 'most' contribution - it was a very long list of lots of people who contribute and then people came out of the hat for the majority of the places. After all we were hardly going to invite monocrat ;)

I don't believe you tbh. Like coincidence that Mr & Mrs TheSite came out of the hat don't wash. But whatever innit, looked like a good night for those that went :)
    Well needless to say people, please blame me if you felt you should have been invited, rather than any of the people we did invite.

So... photos anyone?
    As TheSite's single biggest contributer this is an outrage!
    Well needless to say people, please blame me if you felt you should have been invited, rather than any of the people we did invite.

So... photos anyone?

I think Bri is uploading his tonight. Either that or he lied to us :grump:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote: »
    As TheSite's single biggest contributer this is an outrage!
    :yes: I think I'm going to jump out of the window. I've never been so insulted in my life!
    Or maybe I should kill Jim and Helen first. How dare they???
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Nice to see my words nicely twisted there Lipsy!

Funny, I actually kept the transcript from tonight's chat as Dom is interested in seeing how the chats are going. What I actually said was:

"Basically Jim and I made a long list of the people who we think have contributed really well to TheSite and then we had to whittle it down to 8 invites - it was tough - and as Jim says there's always going to be people who feel left out.