Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Manchester United - Champions 06/07

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6630511.stm

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

:yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Thoroughly deserved I reckon
  • Options
    Congratulations to Man U. Worthy champions for sure.
  • Options
    well deserved this year.
    Serious shame about champions league, but at the end of the day - premiership kings - can't complain!

Roll on AC Milan for the pool though! :D
  • Options
    Will Chelsea give United a guard of honour during the week? Also after Essiens quotes where he said he had "done the calculations and Chelsea will win the league by 5 points" will United be offering him a working calculator?
  • Options
    this is particularily sweet because

a) we effectively won it by beating City

and

b) we should get the guard of honour / trophy presentation at Stamford Bridge
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Withan extra salute to Ryan Giggs - most titles ever :yippe:
  • Options
    I still would'v preferred it if they'd won it on goal difference, just to prove that attacking football pays off. Well done though (through gritted teeth).
  • Options
    red88 wrote: »
    Will Chelsea give United a guard of honour during the week? Also after Essiens quotes where he said he had "done the calculations and Chelsea will win the league by 5 points" will United be offering him a working calculator?

What do you reckon the team should be at Stamford Bridge?

I reckon John O'Shea is long overdue another appearance in goals. A nice little reward for his cult status season.

Perhaps give Fergie a run out in midfield, with Bobby Charlton up front?

Keep Ronaldo in the team and let him go into trick overdrive. Give the Stamford Bridge crowd some entertainment that they've been missing out on all season.

O_o, we won't be getting the trophy presentation at Stamford Bridge. It will be presented at the home game against West Ham. The only time a trophy is presented at an away ground is if it's the last game of the season. Ah well, I think it's better for the players and fans to get it presented at home, for the celebrations!
  • Options
    Well done Man U - worthy champions. Their football has been breathtaking at times unlike Chelskis and I'm glad they've won. It has been a great season.
  • Options
    The only time a trophy is presented at an away ground is if it's the last game of the season.

Except of course if you're Sunderland and the Football League are dickheads about it.

Anyway, well done. Much deserved, best team this season by a mile.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Except of course if you're Sunderland and the Football League are dickheads about it.

Yea, what was that all about?

I heard a bit of Keane's post match interview on the radio but I didn't really understand. Something to do with the Football League being worried about crowd disruption?

What an absolute load of bollocks, total disgrace. If I was a Sunderland fan I'd be gutted that I couldn't see my team lift the trophy in front of the fans. Do they just get it presented at some token ceremony then?
  • Options
    bit of an anti-climax
  • Options
    Yea, what was that all about?

I heard a bit of Keane's post match interview on the radio but I didn't really understand. Something to do with the Football League being worried about crowd disruption?

What an absolute load of bollocks, total disgrace. If I was a Sunderland fan I'd be gutted that I couldn't see my team lift the trophy in front of the fans. Do they just get it presented at some token ceremony then?

Yeah, apparently it's their "policy"

Probably have a big reception in the stadium, but they've chosen not to have an open top thing through the city. Funny thing is, it's in the FL's interests to have a big presentation thing for publicity etc, now it'll be a lot more low key. Wouldn't imagine the sponsors will be that delighted either.

Fuck's sake, if Rangers can get presented with the trophy at Hibs, then surely to fuck there won't be a problem with Sunderland getting it at Luton.
  • Options
    Another person who I'm sure everyone will spare a thought for this evening is Peter Kenyon. Balding traitor weasel. Wonder how he's feeling right now?

His global domination ambition for Chelsea has taken an almight blow this week, unless we've got it all wrong and the Carling Cup is where it's at these days globally.

I'll give the Chelsea players some respect for the challenge they've put up and how tense and interesting they've made it, but that corrupt slap-head judas cunt can get to fuck.
  • Options
    Well done, well played.
  • Options
    United have been by far the best Premiership team this season by some distance, there's no questioning that.

Although for some reason I haven't been "blown away" by them, they had a playing style that balanced Arsenal's flair with Chelsea's battering-ram perfectly.

Also I don't think I'll be the only non-United fan with a big grin on their face when they come out to a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge.

:thumb:

Hopefully they'll help send West Ham down too. :D

Enough arse-kissing, 4-5 new players and the trophy's coming back to The Arsenal next May.

Hopefully.
    :p
  • Options
    Braineater wrote: »

Hopefully they'll help send West Ham down too. :D

I really hope Fergie will stick to his values and put out a good side against the hammers. I'm positive he'll have at least half a first team out there and a good bench in case West Ham are making it difficult. We'll want to finish on a high for the trophy presentation, rather than do a Celtic. :razz:

As for Chelsea, well I think it's a good opportunity to rest some key players. Mourinho will give some youngsters a game and I'm sure we will too. It would be nice to finish with 96 points though, as it would mark one of our finest seasons points wise as well.
  • Options
    94 points you mean....but yeah, we have played the best football this season, simple as that :) no team has ever won the league 3 times in a row either, all chelsea's £££ couldn't change that.
  • Options
    94 points you mean....but yeah, we have played the best football this season, simple as that :) no team has ever won the league 3 times in a row either, all chelsea's £££ couldn't change that.

£500m and they could potentially finish with only a Carling Cup. I think that would actually be funnier than them winning nothing.
  • Options
    Man united won, tra la la la la la!!!

Oooh yeah.......... Ooooh yeah.......

Woot woot!!!

I am one happy bunny
  • Options
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Man united won, tra la la la la la!!!

Oooh yeah.......... Ooooh yeah.......

Woot woot!!!

I am one happy bunny

Almost In Greece.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Almost In Greece.

*yawns*

What is it now, seventeen years?
  • Options
    *yawns*

Gerrard is on record as saying his career will be FAILURE unless he wins the Premiership.

No amount of cup success than change that. A change of teams might though. United are looking for a midfielder... ;)
  • Options
    Gerrard is on record as saying his career will be FAILURE unless he wins the Premiership.

No amount of cup success than change that. A change of teams might though. United are looking for a midfielder... ;)

Dream on.
  • Options
    *yawns*

Is it still just two times ? Shame that eh.
  • Options
    Are you trying to tell me that, at the start of the season, Liverpool fans would rather have the Champions League title than the Premier League?

Dream on.
  • Options
    Liverpool fans make me laugh. I'm not taking away from their record in the champions league, it is fantastic, but it's also no secret these days that the premiership is the one they crave most, and the same goes for the players. Kidding yourself otherwise is pretty sad if you ask me. You've got next to no chance of winning it unless your long ball tactics send the Milan team to sleep anyway, so I wouldn't gloat to much yet...
  • Options
    To be fair here the trophy Man United fans want the most- and certainly Alex Ferguson- is the European Cup.

It's only normal for fans to want the trophy that escapes them. In the case of Liverpool is the Premiership. In the case of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal is the CL.

As to which one is better, harder to win or more rewarding is a matter of interpretation innit.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    To be fair here the trophy Man United fans want the most- and certainly Alex Ferguson- is the European Cup.

It's only normal for fans to want the trophy that escapes them. In the case of Liverpool is the Premiership. In the case of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal is the CL.

As to which one is better, harder to win or more rewarding is a matter of interpretation innit.

Normally, I would agree, but for most man utd fans I think just on this one occasion, the Premiership was most important to them. Not having won 'their' trophy for 4 years hurt them alot I think. I know I'm sounding like a Man Utd fan with these posts, but I'm actually not. It's just bugging me at the minute that Man Utd have obviously been the best English team this year and the nicest to watch as a bonus too and have so totally deserved this, yet Liverpool fans are trying to pretend they are the better all round team because they won 1 more game in a cup than Man Utd. Liverpool have been brilliant in Europe and good luck to 'em if they win it again, but it's clear to every neutral in the country than Man Utd are clearly the better side and will be until Liverpool win a Premiership. The best team always wins the title...
  • Options
    Normally, I would agree, but for most man utd fans I think just on this one occasion, the Premiership was most important to them. Not having won 'their' trophy for 4 years hurt them alot I think. I know I'm sounding like a Man Utd fan with these posts, but I'm actually not. It's just bugging me at the minute that Man Utd have obviously been the best English team this year and the nicest to watch as a bonus too and have so totally deserved this, yet Liverpool fans are trying to pretend they are the better all round team because they won 1 more game in a cup than Man Utd. Liverpool have been brilliant in Europe and good luck to 'em if they win it again, but it's clear to every neutral in the country than Man Utd are clearly the better side and will be until Liverpool win a Premiership. The best team always wins the title...

:yes:

Liverpool will always be a cup team until they win the premiership. The fact they've only had one compeition to play since January has helped them (and Milan) alot also.