Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Food Makes You Feel Ill?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seeing the state of some kitchens
    ETS: deep fried foods
  • Options
    The stuff they put in Chinese food that is all sticky and looks like cum.

Pork scratchings.

The cheese they put on nachos. I had nachos in Wetherspoons a few years ago and there was a pube at the bottom. I've never been able to eat them since.

Spring Rolls.
  • Options
    I cant really think of anythin :chin: although when ive had cous cous thats made me ill so i suppose theres one lol
  • Options
    Cheese. Even the sight or smell of it is enough. :no:

And after watching a tv thing where some guy likened the maribu hide that they'd just rubbed maribu brains over it, to lasagne, although I was never keen on it anyway.

I also hate sitting around in a kebab takeaway, the smells give me a headache.

I'm sure there's more as well, I'm a really fussy eater.
  • Options
    Most organs for me - kidney, liver, anything like that... though I do like chicken hearts surprisingly
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Jim V wrote: »
    Most organs for me - kidney, liver, anything like that... though I do like chicken hearts surprisingly

Same :yes: apart from the chicken heart bit :yuck:
  • Options
    Fish.
    Slimey eggs.
  • Options
    mayo, red peppers, the slime on an egg when not cooked right, horseradish, salad cream, korma and anything with coconut....loads more but there all i can think of at the mo
  • Options
    caramel
    nougat
    cheese
    egg (hardboilded mainly)
  • Options
    parmesan cheese - it smells like sick too!

i HATE when people sprinkle parmesan over Italian type dishes just because they think they should. fucking rank.
  • Options
    really cheap cola you can buy in supermarkets for like 10 cent. those are Vile!!!!
  • Options
    Eating fish and chips from the chip shop makes me feel terrible to the point of being sick, it just doesn't agree with me, I pretty much avoid chip shops at all costs, all that oil urgh gross!!!
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    parmesan cheese - it smells like sick too!

i HATE when people sprinkle parmesan over Italian type dishes just because they think they should. fucking rank.

The one my mum buys is always ming but I think more expensive ones you get in restaurants are nice.
  • Options
    I'm not so good with alot of dairy, but i dont eat/drink alot anyway, its only if i have pizza or something that it affects me badly.

The stuff some chinese restaurants put in their sauces (i have no idea what it's called) gives me really bad headaches. I love chinese food but i stick to the same few that i know dont use it/dont use alot of it.
  • Options
    All you can eat Chinese sea food buffet. (What was I thinking when I went along with that idea?) And cheap, bad kebabs.

Tinned tuna, absolutely vile. Mushrooms in any form are disgusting.

If we're including drinks too...sickly stuff like malibu and wkd.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Sugar wrote: »
    I'm not so good with alot of dairy, but i dont eat/drink alot anyway, its only if i have pizza or something that it affects me badly.

The stuff some chinese restaurants put in their sauces (i have no idea what it's called) gives me really bad headaches. I love chinese food but i stick to the same few that i know dont use it/dont use alot of it.

That would be MSG, and lots of people have a mild allergic reaction to it.
  • Options
    Sugar wrote: »

Are there certian dishes that don't use a lot of the MSG then? Or do you mean certain restaurants.