Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my anger is getting the best of me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
since my recent trauma with my ex-girlfriend, i've just been so angry recently and nothing seems to reduce it, so on occasionas it spills out in a flurry of some really hate filled ideas, and im getting more aggressive, and i dont know what to do :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    find something to take it out on, get yourself a nice punchbag :thumb:
    z- wrote: »
    find something to take it out on, get yourself a nice punchbag :thumb:

:yes: or get your arse down the gym and use theirs :)
    I've been having the same problem in the weeks since my ex and I split up...you need to find something positive to direct your aggressions at (for instance, I play hockey and sports work really well for this). Take up a new hobby, hang out with your buds, play video games, just make sure that you are passionate about what you're doing and you'll have no problem.
    I agree with the above.

Not only will it give you the chance to use your anger inspired energy on something positive, but it will also keep your mind busy and hopefully stop you from thinking about the ex as much.

Dont sit about letting the anger fester!
    Do you have any unresolved issues with your ex? Sometimes it's hard to move on if you haven't cleared up things that upset you.

These articles might help too:

Mending a broken heart

Accepting it's over

Getting over it

I do agree with the others - exercise is a brilliant stress reliever, and meeting new people will give you something else to focus on.