Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Been really stupid

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The OP was online this morning at 3.55am
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    The OP was online this morning at 3.55am

If she read this thread, she obviously can't answer my question then...:chin:
    Paracetamol OD isn't a nice way to go. Just in case you don't know some of that medical jargon that was posted.

From a Paracetamol OD..

Damaged Hepatocytes: Liver cells get damaged

Metabolic Acidosis: Blood becomes to acidic and can cause sepsis which basically means your blood is infected with bacteria.

Hepatic Failure: Liver failure

Renal Failure: Kidney failure

Hepatorenal Syndrome: A combined liver and kidney failure

Hepatic Necrosis: Death of the liver cells.

Fulminant Hepatic Failure: Aggressive liver failure

Hypoglycemia: Abnormally low blood sugar levels

Hepatic Encephalopathy: Abnormal brain function caused by passage of toxic substances from the liver to the blood.

Cerebral Edema: Swelling in the brain due to an increase in its water content.
    Imo, sounds like a fake or maybe they were considering it....
    Dinted wrote: »

well this would be better than if they had, atleast now they'd be less likely to do it!
    Well...I happened to see that Jelly Tots was online the other day, so at least we know she's OK.....
    By the way, out of interest, is there going to be any testing to see if you've done any damage to your liver?
    QUOTE]

I'm scheduled in for a blood test tommorrow
    Dinted wrote: »

Yeah, cos i've nothing better to do than lie. Fair enough i wouldn't go to the hospital, that doesn't mean im lying.
    what a fucking idiot. seriously, this full thread made me laugh out loud. totally bloody ridiculous.
    paperdoll wrote: »
    what a fucking idiot. seriously, this full thread made me laugh out loud. totally bloody ridiculous.

Fair enough i never went to the hospital when i was told i should, but i was worried. I just wanted to forget that i'd done it, not go to hospital and get grilled from all angles. I'm going to get checked out now, so I'm facing up to it. Don't call me a fucking idiot. You don't know me so don't judge.
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Fair enough i never went to the hospital when i was told i should, but i was worried. I just wanted to forget that i'd done it, not go to hospital and get grilled from all angles. I'm going to get checked out now, so I'm facing up to it. Don't call me a fucking idiot. You don't know me so don't judge.

I know you're scheduled for a blood test for tomorrow but because of the nature of how paracetomol works you really need to get help asap, as in now.
    Absolutly stupid. Why ask for help, and not take the advice given. Either you are a very stupid person or you are a fake.

It makes me sick that you are doing things like this and damaging your insides to "want to forget" it when they are innocent people out there who would give the whole world to have just one of your healthy organs. I understand that you may be suffering from depression etc but for goodness sake, shake yourself and sort yourself out. Don't waste and damage your organs when there are people out there dying (not out of choice) because their own organs have fucked up on themselves.

The world can be such an unfair place.
    Give her a break people, fair enough we may not all agree with what she did, but the point is she's done it and she wants our advice. It's good you're going to the hospital jelly tots, but you really should get more help sooner. The longer you wait, the worse it'll be.

Oh, and we don't know her situation so don't judge so quickly.
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Well said. Is slagging someone off when they're feeling terrible already really gonna help? I know it's frustrating when it seems like people aren't listening, but she's obviously going through a tough time at the moment.

jelly tots - it's good to see you're ok and you've decided to get checked out. However hard it is to talk about what you've done, you have to put your health first. Also, it might help you to start dealing with whatever's at the root of all this by talking to a doctor. Whatever is causing your distress, there will be ways of coping and dealing with it, but until you open up you won't be able to get any help. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Give her a break people, fair enough we may not all agree with what she did, but the point is she's done it and she wants our advice.

But she had pages of people saying go to A&E as their advice, yet she just carried on posting saying oh I don't want to go to A&E. Why ask then, the answer she was going to get was obvious.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    But she had pages of people saying go to A&E as their advice, yet she just carried on posting saying oh I don't want to go to A&E. Why ask then, the answer she was going to get was obvious.

Because she didn't want to go to A&E, she wanted to know if she'd be alright... Of course; none of us know whether she's ok or not, and the only way she'll find out is if she goes to A&E.

Jelly, let us know how the blood test goes, but if you feel up to it going in now wouldn't do any harm would it? At least then like others have said they can check you over and make sure everything is alright.

Take care
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Absolutly stupid. Why ask for help, and not take the advice given. Either you are a very stupid person or you are a fake.

It makes me sick that you are doing things like this and damaging your insides to "want to forget" it when they are innocent people out there who would give the whole world to have just one of your healthy organs. I understand that you may be suffering from depression etc but for goodness sake, shake yourself and sort yourself out. Don't waste and damage your organs when there are people out there dying (not out of choice) because their own organs have fucked up on themselves.

The world can be such an unfair place.

You obviously don't understand suffering from depression because to say "shake yourself and sort yourself out" is just ignorant tbh.
    Give her a break people, fair enough we may not all agree with what she did, but the point is she's done it and she wants our advice. It's good you're going to the hospital jelly tots, but you really should get more help sooner. The longer you wait, the worse it'll be.

:thumb:

jelly tots, it's good to hear you're going in for tests tomorrow. As the vast majority of posts have already said, it's best to act as quickly as possible in these situations but I can understand why you're so reluctant. It's not the kind of problem you want to draw attention to, but you do have to respect that that amount of paracetamol may have done your body damage. Any changes to the way you feel should be taken very seriously, so make sure you're mindful of that until tomorrow when the doctor will be able to help you out.

Maybe you should think about making a move toward figuring out why you felt badly enough to take an OD. If you feel able to then please speak to the doctor about the way you're feeling, when you're there, I'm sure they will be keen to speak to you about it anyway. Don't fret, there's help for you if you need it and it would be silly not to take it when you've had a pretty lucky escape this time around.

Look after yourself :)
    :crying:
    briggi wrote: »
    :thumb:

jelly tots, it's good to hear you're going in for tests tomorrow. As the vast majority of posts have already said, it's best to act as quickly as possible in these situations but I can understand why you're so reluctant. It's not the kind of problem you want to draw attention to, but you do have to respect that that amount of paracetamol may have done your body damage. Any changes to the way you feel should be taken very seriously, so make sure you're mindful of that until tomorrow when the doctor will be able to help you out.

Maybe you should think about making a move toward figuring out why you felt badly enough to take an OD. If you feel able to then please speak to the doctor about the way you're feeling, when you're there, I'm sure they will be keen to speak to you about it anyway. Don't fret, there's help for you if you need it and it would be silly not to take it when you've had a pretty lucky escape this time around.

Look after yourself :)

Thanks for your reply. I know that it would have been in my best interests to have gone sooner, but i am finding it really hard at the minute. Hopefully, my blood test will show the all clear and i'll be able to sort myself out. I have been for a mental health assessment today, so the ball is rolling. I told him everything, (which is a big step for me). He said he's going to speak to his supervisor and get back to me with what the next steps should be. Hopefully things will start soon. I know it'l probably get worse before it gets better, but just knowing its going somewhere will be a weight off my mind.
    I was in counselling before this, but that hasn't really gotten anywhere, so fingers crossed, this will help.
    Thanks x x
    :crying:

Thanks for your reply. I know that it would have been in my best interests to have gone sooner, but i am finding it really hard at the minute. Hopefully, my blood test will show the all clear and i'll be able to sort myself out. I have been for a mental health assessment today, so the ball is rolling. I told him everything, (which is a big step for me). He said he's going to speak to his supervisor and get back to me with what the next steps should be. Hopefully things will start soon. I know it'l probably get worse before it gets better, but just knowing its going somewhere will be a weight off my mind.
    I was in counselling before this, but that hasn't really gotten anywhere, so fingers crossed, this will help.
    Thanks x x

I'm glad to hear that, it can't have been easy and I think you should be very proud of yourself for getting that ball rolling. It's taking the first step that's the hardest, hopefully from here on out it will get a little easier - and there is definitely some solace to be taken from the fact that you've shared your thoughts and problems and you aren't just burdening yourself with all this stuff. Because it is too much to deal with alone, as I guess you discovered.

The fact that things do usually get a bit worse before they get better is an unavoidable truth, and sadly it's often more than enough to put people off setting out on the road to recovery. So, yeah, you need to take the long view, and be assured that you really are being very brave and doing the right thing by your self.

I hope this is the start of a better time for you, if you need to talk or anything there are always loads of people here who are willing to listen and/or advise... and share their own experiences. You can always PM me. Be kind to yourself, and try not to worry about the blood test etc.
    Makoto wrote: »
    You obviously don't understand suffering from depression because to say "shake yourself and sort yourself out" is just ignorant tbh.

:yes:
    I was in counselling before this, but that hasn't really gotten anywhere

Have you discussed other forms of therapy with him? Or is that basically what he's talking to his supervisor about?

Welll done for telling him everything and good luck with the tests.
    its not always that easy
    Sofie wrote: »
    :yes:

Have you discussed other forms of therapy with him? Or is that basically what he's talking to his supervisor about?

Welll done for telling him everything and good luck with the tests.

Yeah. we discussed that. He's going to speak to his advisor about it. He's thinking psychotherapy as i have a lot stemming from my past x x
    Makoto wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought. The whole post just made me go "WHAT?!" tbh.

Just because jelly tots came on here and asked for advice doesn't mean she deserves abuse because she didn't take it. I find it quite hard to see how some of you are failing to see how much she obviously needs support atm, rather than being called an idiot for not wanting to go to hospital. I can completely understand why, because I wouldn't want to go either. I would have gone, out of my own better judgement, but that doesn't mean it will be easy for her to just get up and go when she's clearly going through such a rough time that she felt the need to take 60 paracetamol. Christonasoddingbicycle.

jelly tots - it's good that you're getting tested, and I hope that they turn out ok. I'm glad that you're trying to sort yourself out as well, that's always the first step. Good luck, I hope everything goes ok for you. I am also going to repeat what briggi said about how there are always people willing to listen if you need it, and you can PM me if you ever want to vent :yes:.
    Franki wrote: »
    jelly tots - it's good that you're getting tested, and I hope that they turn out ok. I'm glad that you're trying to sort yourself out as well, that's always the first step. Good luck, I hope everything goes ok for you. I am also going to repeat what briggi said about how there are always people willing to listen if you need it, and you can PM me if you ever want to vent :yes:.

Thanks a lot franki. I really appreciate that x x x
    Yeah, cos i've nothing better to do than lie. Fair enough i wouldn't go to the hospital, that doesn't mean im lying.

I did say "im my opinion" - which every one is entitled to.

i wasn't saying you were faking it but you have to accept that there are people in the world that do it for attention. The situation gave off the vibe to me that maybe this was... It was just my opinion
    He's thinking psychotherapy as i have a lot stemming from my past x x

psychotherapy = counselling. they are the same thing. theory might differ somewhat but both are about you talking about your probelms. if you didn't find one helpful you probably won't the other. you could try something different perhaps?!
    otter wrote: »
    psychotherapy = counselling. they are the same thing. theory might differ somewhat but both are about you talking about your probelms. if you didn't find one helpful you probably won't the other. you could try something different perhaps?!

I thought that, but he the way he said it, was like they are two different types of treatment altogether. He's going to write to me after he's spoken to his supervisor so i suppose il know more then.
    The two may both be talking treatments but have fundamentally different underpinnings in their approach. Many things can make a talking treatment difficult - from where you were when you approached it, the particular style of the treatment and the relationship with the counsellor. There's a lot of reasons to think that one approach may help more than another did in the past - so I'm glad your willing to consider it.
    Jim V wrote: »
    the two may both be talking treatments but have fundamentally different underpinnings in their approach. Many things can make a talking treatment difficult - from where you were when you approached it, the particular style of the treatment and the relationship with the counsellor. There's a lot of reasons to think that one approach may help more than another did in the past - so I'm glad your willing to try again.

Thanks. After having that assessment today, i feel a lot more optimistic. I feel so ashamed of what i did, but hopefully it will never happen again.