Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Font

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What font do you use for essays/papers/whatever you want to call them? Are you ever told to use one specific font? I usually use Ariel, but the man suggested Courier. It did make it 7 to 9 pages, but I dont' know if it looks like I'm trying to hard to make it longer :p

So, waht do you use, and why?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Most of the teachers here specifically want Arial for text and Courier New for code. Sometimes I use Monospace for code though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I was doing ICT in Year 10/11, we were always told to use Times New Roman, size 12.
    Yeah, that's what we were always told as well, Times New Roman, size 12...how boring!! LOL!!
    Sometimes they ask you to have certain margins and also a certain typeface / point size. It makes it easier for them to judge the length of different pieces.

But personally I think Calibri looks lovely. It is to Vista what Verdana was to XP.
    I use whatever lol but mostly comic sans and microsoft sans serif :D
    I normally use Trebuchet, although more recently I've been using Century Gothic.

I think as long as it's clear to read, lecturers don't tend to mind what font you use!
    12 pt times new roman.

standard for most stuff I've done really.
    I always set my essays out in Tahoma, 12 for size then justify it and 1.5 line spacing so my tutor can write comments all over it.
    Rachael wrote: »
    I always set my essays out in Tahoma, 12 for size then justify it and 1.5 line spacing so my tutor can write comments all over it.

That's what i do too :D I always use Tahoma.
    At my uni we were told to return in Times New Roman 12 pts.

I used to rebel against it a bit a while ago but now I've made my peace with it. Whey.
    Times New Roman, 12 pts, 1.5 line spacing.
    I really can't write in Times New Roman, never have and hopefully never will have to, i hate it, its so ugly.
    We use stone sans for work, and I really like it...think it looks really smart...:)
    squeal wrote: »
    I really can't write in Times New Roman, never have and hopefully never will have to, i hate it, its so ugly.
    :yes:.

For essays I use Tahoma (or Trebuchet, which is my new favourite) size 10 (because I like it little), with the title in size 14 and Bold.
    Times New Roman for text, courier for code.