Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Enter Shikari

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
New album out, just wondered what people thought of them? Not sure how to describe them either...trance/metal/rock?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    some people from my school have been obsessed with them for years. i expect they'll be angry about how mainstream they are.

not my thing at all but dnt mind a few songs.
  • Options
    Trance? Eh, are you kidding or what?

Commerical, mainstream, generic, watered down 'hardcore' emo is more fitting.
  • Options
    I saw them do a gig whilst I was working once.

They are strange.
  • Options
    I havnt seen them or really heard much of their stuff. Strange if you consider my housemates boyfriend is mates with them.
  • Options
    there are elements of trance, listen to it..

gonna watch them at reading i reckon they'll have a decent live set.

Plus they're not on a major label so im not sure how you can call them commercial or generic!
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    gonna watch them at reading i reckon they'll have a decent live set.
    Haha, I reckon they'll be a bit cack live, like.

But yeh they're good, I like them :thumb:
  • Options
    there are elements of trance, listen to it..

Heard about 2 - 5 songs, no traces of trance.
    Plus they're not on a major label so im not sure how you can call them commercial or generic!

What has their record label got to do with anything? Same kind of shit the typical My Chem fan listens to.
  • Options
    those words just implied that they were processed and directed by a record company or something for money (like mychemicalromance etc).

I would call those samples or synth sections they have trance - at least, you'd find bits like that in a trance song.

Yeah they might be shit at playing their instruments but i reckon theyll have a lot of energy and decent lighting, good fun when youre wasted :D
  • Options
    Haha, I reckon they'll be a bit cack live, like.

Apparently not. My friends went to see them about a year ago, and they came back raving about it and stuff.

I'd never even heard of them before then, and I didn't actually listen to them until about a month ago. They're...interesting.
  • Options
    They are weird, seriously, they are weird! I was working when they did a gig at 53 and they didn't just jump around on the stage, oh no....they jumped on their amp thingies and swung from all the lighting equipment on the ceiling!!!!! The audience were loving it but the security and tech guys wern't! They broke a few things!
  • Options
    They are weird, seriously, they are weird! I was working when they did a gig at 53 and they didn't just jump around on the stage, oh no....they jumped on their amp thingies and swung from all the lighting equipment on the ceiling!!!!! The audience were loving it but the security and tech guys wern't! They broke a few things!
    For their type of music, that's not weird. JD's band (well, one of them - Dungeons and Dragqueens they're called (yes, they are as shit as the name suggests, his other band are better)) are very like that, as are Fei Comodo (ETA: who are actually pretty good, compared to a lot of it), and all the other random bands I saw when I went to his gigs.

IdonotmissthatATALL.
  • Options
    Yeah they might be shit at playing their instruments but i reckon theyll have a lot of energy and decent lighting, good fun when youre wasted :D

I think that pretty much sums them up, 'a lot of energy'. They make me a bit hyper! Several of their songs are a bit too shouty for me, but ones like Jonny Sniper and Anything Could Happen In The Next Half Hour seem OK. A few of my mates are mad about them, which is why I wondered what people thought, but I think all that shouting nonsense is a bit cringy to listen to sometimes :lol:
  • Options
    i like them :yes: havent seen em live but i would do if i get the chance.
  • Options
    I think that pretty much sums them up, 'a lot of energy'. They make me a bit hyper! Several of their songs are a bit too shouty for me, but ones like Jonny Sniper and Anything Could Happen In The Next Half Hour seem OK. A few of my mates are mad about them, which is why I wondered what people thought, but I think all that shouting nonsense is a bit cringy to listen to sometimes :lol:

lol yeah theyre abit too keen with the shouting and weird talking they do sometimes, not sure what they're going for there.

do they actually have a proper album out or is it just an EP?
  • Options
    Yep, their album's called Take To The Skies. Not sure if it's their first album, but I would have thought so. A mate sent it to me, but I'd probably still spend a tenner on it.
  • Options
    had a listen to these guys after i saw them on some obscure music channel.....i like what theyre trying to do, but i just dont think they get it right on either side of their influences (which i took to be hardcore-ish and electronica-ish).
  • Options
    Loada shite is the genre I was thinking off.