Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Both virginities ;)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wouldn't personally class having sex with a girl as loosing anything tbh.
    i lost my actual virginity when i was very young 'nuff said.
  • Options
    I lost my proper virginity many a moon ago. About 6 or 7 years ago.

As for the other one well. I personally don't think it counts as losing your virginity.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    A technical dictionary term for virginity is penetration with a penis (no that wasn't meant to be patronising!!). I'm suprised a term hasn't been made for gays when they lose their virginity, you should make one up!
    Yeah, I know (God bless the OED). But since there isn't another term, what else is it?! And, no, I didn't think you were being patronising!
  • Options
    I agree that two virginities is bullshit. Youre not a virgin once youve been sexual with someone (through choice)
  • Options
    Well surely it means something when you sleep with a girl/ guy for the first time? Its certainly not the same both times. Just because its not 'technically' losing your virginity, doesn't mean it cant count. I mean is a girl still a virgin if her hymen is broken, but she still hasn't had penetration from a man? If so, I lost mine at 14 to a girl. What if a guy never has sex with a girl? Does that mean he stays a virgin his whole life, even if he chooses to sleep with men?

I don't think virginity is as simple as a physical act. I think there is something mental to it aswell. Otherwise it would not be that big a deal. But girls talk about regretting it all the time. What is there to regret to breaking a little piece of tissue. I think there is a psychological aspect to it too.

And like some one previously posted - it used to simply mean young girls, then young girls that hadn't have sex, then either sex who hadn't had penetrative intercourse. So why can it not be redefined as a person that has not has sexual intercourse full stop? I think oral sex is a far more intimate act than penetration. Perhaps the old definition is a little out moded, just in the same way that assigning only two genders to the human race could be seen as out of date. Its an interesting question.
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    Well surely it means something when you sleep with a girl/ guy for the first time? Its certainly not the same both times.

You just answered your own question, then contradicted it.

Yes, it's when you sleep with somebody for the first time/boy girl.

But this isn't different, just because some of some technicalities on biological makeup!

I'm not sure, but it seems like you're wanting to find some difference here to highlight the fact you've settled on girls etc and that the past experiences/mistakes(?) with men are somehow not going to count.

Yes they are. You're either a virgin, or not... and it doesn't matter which sex you've slept with! :rolleyes:

I think we can stop going back and forth over this.

As a foot note - the hymen thing is now WAY out of date - the focus needs to be shifted. Of the several virgins I've slept with, only one was intact as the rest had been ruptured by whatever fore play/finger play they got up to prior to sex.
  • Options
    just in the same way that assigning only two genders to the human race could be seen as out of date. Its an interesting question.

What?

We have more than just male/female?

Are you seriously just trying to complicate life for yourself/everybody?! :lol:

Imagine how complicated some strange man/woman hybrid would be...
    ;)
  • Options
    I meant both a girl and a guy, not just one. I wouldn't say I had settled on either g angel. I know that I fancied boys about 6 months ago, and will probably do in future. Not saying its you in particular, but 'straight people', I have to say, do find it difficult not to lump differently sexually orientated people into either 'gay' or 'straight'. I know people at work get confused when I have dated a girl, and then gone out with a guy two weeks later. ... 'But wait - I thought you were gay!'. Now I'm dating my present beau, they are quite happy thinking I'm a fully fledged lesbian :rolleyes: ... They'll never get it.

Anyhoo back to arguing my original point. Yep g angel, maybe you're right, maybe I am just trying to convince myself for past mistakes. But it doesn't feel like it, and I don't regret anything, infact I had a great time! I'd be quite happy feeling that that was it. But I do feel like that wasn't quite it until I slept with a woman.

Hmm I guess its all relative really.
  • Options
    Um that male/female hybrid would be transgender?? Did you never get the lgbt talk in sex ed???

And of course there are more that two genders... Namaste? I'm sure you feel the same way. Sex is physically defined. Gender is not. You are culturally/self assigned a gender. I wouldn't say I had a completely female gender, yes my sex is female, but that doesn't mean to say my gender has to be. They have been considered separate entities since the 70's I think.

Though of course it depends on who you talk to... the Chinese government only just took gayness off the disease list. :no:
  • Options
    Um that male/female hybrid would be transgender?? Did you never get the lgbt talk in sex ed???

:lol::lol: I thought that too!!! Awww....GAngel's got some very funny ideas about men and women anyway, gawd bless him...:p
  • Options
    Hehe, he does make the conversation that little bit more interesting. :) You're a sweetie g angel :razz:
  • Options

And of course there are more that two genders... Namaste? I'm sure you feel the same way. Sex is physically defined. Gender is not. You are culturally/self assigned a gender. I wouldn't say I had a completely female gender, yes my sex is female, but that doesn't mean to say my gender has to be. They have been considered separate entities since the 70's I think.

Though of course it depends on who you talk to... the Chinese government only just took gayness off the disease list. :no:

From Wikipedia:

"Gender" in common usage refers to the sexual distinction between male and female. Although "gender" has commonly been used interchangeably with "sex," within the academic fields of cultural studies, gender studies and the social sciences the term "gender" refers to a social construction rather than a biological condition. Some languages have a system of grammatical gender, a type of noun class system: nouns may be classified as "masculine" or "feminine" (e.g., Hebrew, Arabic, French) or may even also have a "neuter" grammatical gender (e.g., Sanskrit, German, Polish). In such languages, this is essentially a convention, which may have little or no connection to the meaning of the words. Likewise, a wide variety of phenomena have gendered characteristics ascribed to them, by analogy to male and female bodies (such as with the gender of connectors and fasteners) or due to social norms. A person whose gender identity feels incongruent with their physical body may identify themselves as transgender or genderqueer.

So yes, fair enough to a point, but sex-ed classes were many many years ago for me, kiddo ;):p Also, as I recall, they were *hardly* all encompassing. We got the whole reproductive system thing, and that was pretty much it. Gender certainly wasn't covered and it seems I was referring to the common usage.

What's lgbt? Educate me :)
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol::lol: I thought that too!!! Awww....GAngel's got some very funny ideas about men and women anyway, gawd bless him...:p

Hahahaha - watch it, you :mad:

;):D
  • Options
    Hehe, he does make the conversation that little bit more interesting. :) You're a sweetie g angel :razz:

I know - I just can't help it :angel: :D
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Hahahaha - watch it, you :mad:

;):D

:D:p And LGBT stands for "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender"..:)
  • Options
    You just answered your own question, then contradicted it.

Yes, it's when you sleep with somebody for the first time/boy girl.

But this isn't different, just because some of some technicalities on biological makeup!

I'm not sure, but it seems like you're wanting to find some difference here to highlight the fact you've settled on girls etc and that the past experiences/mistakes(?) with men are somehow not going to count.

Yes they are. You're either a virgin, or not... and it doesn't matter which sex you've slept with! :rolleyes:

I think we can stop going back and forth over this.

As a foot note - the hymen thing is now WAY out of date - the focus needs to be shifted. Of the several virgins I've slept with, only one was intact as the rest had been ruptured by whatever fore play/finger play they got up to prior to sex.

Whilst I get a lesson in lgbt and gender studies as I'm far to old for all that to have been too prevelant in an all boys school education... ;)

My points about virginity detailed above still stand :)
  • Options
    Hehe, well I'm very impressed that you are open to opinion on this one. Most people I meet aren't very tolerant on other peoples views on this. Its a touchy issue.

L.G.B.T basically means lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
  • Options
    :D:p And LGBT stands for "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender"..:)

:lol::lol::lol:

Jesus - we DEFINITELY didn't go into that... This was the mid-nineties. Things weren't as hip and happening as they are now with all this lgbt shit ;) Was that term even invented then?

Yo, I'm like so down with the sex-ed kidz :thumb: :lol:
  • Options
    haha, i must be a slow typer. Fair enough on the virginity point. But Im staying with the relativism. On that note back to Existentialism revision. Simone De Beauvoir here I come!!
  • Options
    Jesus - we DEFINITELY didn't go into that... This was the mid-nineties. Things weren't as hip and happening as they are now with all this lgbt shit ;) Was that term even invented then?

:lol::lol::lol: Erm...yes...:thumb:
  • Options
    Hehe, well I'm very impressed that you are open to opinion on this one. Most people I meet aren't very tolerant on other peoples views on this. Its a touchy issue.

L.G.B.T basically means lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.

:lol:

Half of my mates are gay, girly :)

I used to be a promoter at a fantastic mixed club night in London (see my signature) before it got too big and my job too busy. :)
  • Options
    Yes Im pretty sure its been around since the 80's. Although I left school 2 years ago, and didn't get any gay education either. I think it was probably something to do with that fucking section 28 rule. Fuckers. It would have made things a lot easier if I had done.
  • Options
    ooo any hot ladies you'd like to introduce me to? :hyper:
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Erm...yes...:thumb:

It's news to me :D

I must put something on the forum and see what the people on there make of it...
  • Options
    ooo any hot ladies you'd like to introduce me to? :hyper:

Hahaha - There are ALWAYS hot ladies ;)

We *definitely* wouldn't have got any of this stuff in a Roman Catholic all boys grammar school :lol: Think about it ;)
  • Options
    We *definitely* wouldn't have got any of this stuff in a Roman Catholic all boys grammar school :lol: Think about it ;)

Well that's true...fair enough then...but you haven't heard the term around, since then? Especially if you used to do that kind of club night!!

But yes...would be interesting to see if other people haven't heard the term actually...just thought it was something everyone knew!! :chin:
  • Options
    Well that's true...fair enough then...but you haven't heard the term around, since then? Especially if you used to do that kind of club night!!

But yes...would be interesting to see if other people haven't heard the term actually...just thought it was something everyone knew!! :chin:

Nope - never heard it, unless it was something I scanned over.

Definitely not used at the club night as the night is a MIXED night, not a gay night where straight people come along, and so the point is to try not to make ANY distinction. Think about it :)

To be honest I am sick to the back teeth of some gay nights being so anti-straight (believe me, I'm not any form of skin-head with big boots on etc etc) when I want to go in and hear the music I want to hear! I've been turned away several times from several nights, but am fine when going in with a gay person. Utter rubbish. This is one of the reasons Playtime was started - to try bring down the walls that many of these nights do end up building, even though 'acceptance' is supposed to be the goal. :)

Why can't we just all get along?!?!?!?!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

(Oh, the last line is an aside, I *know* there will always be *some* people out there to cause shit.)
  • Options
    Why can't we just all get along?!?!?!?!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

:lol::lol: Never had you down as the 'peace 'n' love' type.....just shows how wrong your perceptions of someone can be......:p :thumb:
  • Options
    :lol::lol: Never had you down as the 'peace 'n' love' type.....just shows how wrong your perceptions of someone can be......:p :thumb:

Haahaha - no, besides some (slighty differing from the mainstream) views I have, I hate fighting, walls segregating people (even worse when it's minorites always striving for acceptance putting these up themselves) and just general rubbish-ness.

I am *actually* a really decent bloke who loves nothing more than to have a good time and I don't like rubbish getting in the way of my good time, which is why I go to clubs like Playtime :)
  • Options
    Haahaha - no, besides some (slighty differing from the mainstream) views I have, I hate fighting, walls segregating people (even worse when it's minorites always striving for acceptance putting these up themselves) and just general rubbish-ness.

I am *actually* a really decent bloke who loves nothing more than to have a good time and I don't like rubbish getting in the way of my good time, which is why I go to clubs like Playtime :)

Wow!! Well I'm very impressed with all that, I must say.....sort of ashamed to say, my perception of you has turned round greatly!! :blush: