Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If someone cheated on you, how did you find out?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I'd be really suspicious if my bf did that and it would make me want to look even more.

Why should you wanna look at his fone. It's his fone, if ther was anything in it he wanted you to know about he'd tell you. Surely thats the idea of having a relationship, to trust him. And texting the opposite sex is not shagging in the next room.

Thats daft, its like saying i'd be really suspicious if i was spying on my bf through the pub window for 6 hours and he got mad about it. ?!
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    It's his fone, if ther was anything in it he wanted you to know about he'd tell you. Surely thats the idea of having a relationship, to trust him.

Surely that's the point? It's the stuff he WOULDN'T want you to know about, and WOULDN'T tell you that you should worry about?? :confused:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Surely that's the point? It's the stuff he WOULDN'T want you to know about, and WOULDN'T tell you that you should worry about?? :confused:

Puts head deeper in hands than last time! :no:
  • Options
    Puts head deeper in hands than last time! :no:

:lol: Clearly, we just don't understand each other...:yeees:
  • Options
    Why should you wanna look at his fone. It's his fone, if ther was anything in it he wanted you to know about he'd tell you. Surely thats the idea of having a relationship, to trust him. And texting the opposite sex is not shagging in the next room.

Thats daft, its like saying i'd be really suspicious if i was spying on my bf through the pub window for 6 hours and he got mad about it. ?!

Well my last bf wouldn't let me look at his phone when he was texting his ex gf (when he hated her and she was causing loads of trouble for him, he wouldn't even tell me what he was saying). We had a blazing row.
    A few months later we were in a hotel. I came out of the bathroom to find him on the bed going through my phone! I laughed and said double standards. I assumed this meant I could go trough his phone now. So some time later I went through his phone and what do you know - he's cheating on me.
    I wouldn't be interested in going through a bf's phone unless they were making me suspicious. Even if you trust someone 100% but then they start doing weird things how can I not get suspicious then? Instead of rocking the boat by confronting him I'd rather do a little digging first.
  • Options
    Well my last bf wouldn't let me look at his phone when he was texting his ex gf (when he hated her and she was causing loads of trouble for him, he wouldn't even tell me what he was saying). We had a blazing row.
    A few months later we were in a hotel. I came out of the bathroom to find him on the bed going through my phone! I laughed and said double standards. I assumed this meant I could go trough his phone now. So some time later I went through his phone and what do you know - he's cheating on me.
    I wouldn't be interested in going through a bf's phone unless they were making me suspicious. Even if you trust someone 100% but then they start doing weird things how can I not get suspicious then? Instead of rocking the boat by confronting him I'd rather do a little digging first.

Well he's even worse for having double standards like you said. But i would look at it completely differently. I would think more along the lines 'shes keeping her phone a secret - could be a million reasons why, i'll find out aoon enough if its something i need to do something about.'
  • Options
    Well he's even worse for having double standards like you said. But i would look at it completely differently. I would think more along the lines 'shes keeping her phone a secret - could be a million reasons why, i'll find out aoon enough if its something i need to do something about.'
    God no I could never do that - keeping it inside would cause me to be upset and agitated and make me row about lots of stupid things - I wouldnt be able to sleep with him thinking he maybe sleepign with someone else. I'd be feel like a complete door mat. I'd rather nip it in the bud ASAP.
  • Options
    God no I could never do that - keeping it inside would cause me to be upset and agitated and make me row about lots of stupid things - I wouldnt be able to sleep with him thinking he maybe sleepign with someone else. I'd be feel like a complete door mat. I'd rather nip it in the bud ASAP.

I dont mean just lay back think of england and hope he's faithful for 25 years. Just find out by confronting him, you should be able to tell if he's lying. If you have suspicion he's being sneaky ask him, as opposed to being sneaky back.

If in another situation, your were caught looking through the fone and he was completely innocent you'd look like the untrusting one.
  • Options
    I dont mean just lay back think of england and hope he's faithful for 25 years. Just find out by confronting him, you should be able to tell if he's lying. If you have suspicion he's being sneaky ask him, as opposed to being sneaky back.

If in another situation, your were caught looking through the fone and he was completely innocent you'd look like the untrusting one.
    Nope I'd rather not rock the boat by confronting him in case it was all innocent. And I really wouldn't mind my bf going through my phone. Any future relationships would know the score as well as in future I will tell them what's happened in my past. I wouldn't go out with someone who isn't understanding about it.
  • Options
    Nope I'd rather not rock the boat by confronting him in case it was all innocent. And I really wouldn't mind my bf going through my phone. Any future relationships would know the score as well as in future I will tell them what's happened in my past. I wouldn't go out with someone who isn't understanding about it.

agree to disagree then mate.
  • Options
    agree to disagree then mate.
    was just gona say that!
  • Options
    Thats crazy. Why couldn't a new bf text other girls - i'd go fuckin mental if a girl touched my fone.

When I said girls, I mean other girls that he could be seeing at the same time as me. Not girl mates. Like if he's sending naughty texts or soemthing. If I have suspicions that a guy might be a bit of a player then I'd like to find out.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    When I said girls, I mean other girls that he could be seeing at the same time as me. Not girl mates. Like if he's sending naughty texts or soemthing. If I have suspicions that a guy might be a bit of a player then I'd like to find out.

Oh i getcha.
  • Options
    i caught them on the sofa together, not nice
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    his best mate told me
  • Options
    I saw her doing it right in front of my face.

Bit fucked up I know. :D
  • Options
    His friend told me. It was after we'd split up so I wasn't that bothered- especially as I'd cheated on him too (I know, a really mature relationship we had going). It just made me laugh 'cos he was always so insecure about me talking to guys, and always wanted to know who I was texting etc. He was also the last person in the world you would expect to cheat! Bless.
  • Options
    The one time someone DID Cheat on me was when we were seeing each other and I was paraletic and he was shagging my friend in the lad (whose party is was) shed and two of my friends walked in on them.

Thats the one and only time and believe me I got him back for it.
  • Options

Thats the one and only time and believe me I got him back for it.

:eek2:

How exactly?
  • Options
    dont really want to go into details because its some thing im a bit ashamed of and would like to forget but basically had a thing with his best mate behind his back .. yes yes i know it was mean
  • Options
    dont really want to go into details because its some thing im a bit ashamed of and would like to forget but basically had a thing with his best mate behind his back .. yes yes i know it was mean

Some best mate...