Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

twat down my road

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its really starting to piss me off now .. Theres a lad who lives about five doos down from me who moved in about christmas time with his family and he just sits in his car pratically outside my house playing his shit music full blast revving the engine every single week night when im in (he might do it weekends but im not normally in) but he hardly every goes anywhere ..

i'm not one of those moany people generally i couldn't give a fuck if he's coming in at whatever time because it's got nothing to do with me and fair play if he wants to drive about but he just sits there !

what can i do because its really annoying !

Comments

• Options
    Report to police if its over certain times/sound desibals, noise polution?

council estate? report him to council
  • Options
    yeah thats not a bad idea, thankyou
  • Options
    Or why not, ASK him
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Report to police if its over certain times/sound desibals, noise polution?

council estate? report him to council

police would tell you to report it to the council if its after 11pm or before 7am.
    tell him yourself to turn his music down.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    police would tell you to report it to the council if its after 11pm or before 7am.
    tell him yourself to turn his music down.
    Not if its a private house, its not a council issue, only if its council owned I believe,

but Police have always came out when we've complained of noise in the past.
  • Options
    but i'll feel a bit weird asking him .. he always has loads of his mates sat in his car with him
  • Options
    Okay, get yourself a long dark coat, Balaclava, shotgun or gun *fake will do* walk up, tap the gun on the window, and say "mind turning it down"
  • Options
    Not if its a private house, its not a council issue, only if its council owned I believe,

but Police have always came out when we've complained of noise in the past.

even for a private house :yes:
    the police will come out... eventually... but would advise you phone the council
  • Options
    Okay, get yourself a long dark coat, Balaclava, shotgun or gun *fake will do* walk up, tap the gun on the window, and say "mind turning it down"

hahaha that made me laugh out loud !

i did think of egging him but i guess thats a bit childish and immature :blush: i just get angry when i cant sleep and i need to catch up on sleep because i loose out at the weekends
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    even for a private house :yes:
    the police will come out... eventually... but would advise you phone the council
    Ahhh, well when I lived with my mum, council house, it was police came out and advice us to report it to the council ASWELL to log complaints so they can evict/take action if it perisists.
  • Options
    thing is... most people when they do stuff like that, they know what they are doing is wrong and for the most part if you confront them about it they will turn it down, thats not to say they won't do it again, but for one night you could get a good night sleep by saying something, and if persists night after night then get the council involved.
  • Options
    get someone older/scarier in your family to go out and tell him to fuck away off!
  • Options
    There is a small legal problem - cars don't count as property and aren't covered by noise regulations for councils. I'd suggest asking the CAB through askTheSite for any possible solution.
  • Options
    but i'll feel a bit weird asking him .. he always has loads of his mates sat in his car with him

bring a couple of friends and ask him to turn it down.
  • Options
    Section 59 of the police reform act 2002 makes it an offence to use a car in a manner that causes harrassment, annoyance, alarm, nuisance or distress. It gives the police powers to seize a car used in this way.

Ring the police, they'll stop it.