Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to put with this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Possibly have another ball coming up shortly, but in any case, saw a dress, tried it on, wanted it and Mum kindly bought it. :yippe:

Except, it's orange, and I have absolutely no idea what colour shoes/bag etc to wear with it. It's floor length and a halterneck, so I don't need a necklace.

Not sure the colour will come across very well but photo here, and I'm really at a loss.

Looks gorgeous on, but I'm not in a position to take a photo right now. :p

Comments

• Options
    how about black shoes and accessories? looks very vibrant! zesty :) or maybe yellow/creamy? im not sure..depends on your skin tone possibly..Looks gorgeous anyways :)
  • Options
    For the love of God please dont wear black...you'll look like you're dressed for a halloween ball.

I'd go with a nice summer green, or cream or a soft beige if you want the dress to take all the attention. Maybe a nice pair of strappy gold shoes, gold chandelier earrings and a gold and crystal clutch bag...

Oh and I looooooove the dress, where did you get it?
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    For the love of God please dont wear black...you'll look like you're dressed for a halloween ball.

I didnt think of that..you can tell i never wear orange!
  • Options
    lol...i dont either :p But i love that colour and the dress
  • Options
  • Options
    Red, or gold, or if you dont suit those i guess silver or cream would be ok.
  • Options
    bronze
  • Options
    yeah a soft gold or muted bronze would probably look even better. beautiful dress :love:
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of bronze.

Not keen on these, but that kind of colour?

As for my skin tone..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Daffydilly/Picture013.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Daffydilly/Picture014.jpg

I reckon I could take up to a 3" heel.

The dress is from TK Maxx. Great for £40, Mum has suggested shortening it after I've worn it at a ball to a cocktail dress to get more use out of it.

What do you make of these?
    http://www.faith.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=313784&language=en-GB&cid=112

They might be too high, but at £25 I'm sure I could find something to wear them with if they were.
  • Options
    The colour of that dress is beautiful! I think silver would be best with it, i know some people said red but i don't think that would go at all, the colours are too similar. Those shoes are lovely, i think you'd need to try them beside the dress to see if the colour matches though.