Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

red hair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can i stop my red hair from fading..

already using red hair shampoo (the pantene one) and got some john frieda colour gloss stuff today. any other tips?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope. Red hair is notoriously difficult to keep vibrant.

I guess, washing it as little as you can get away with will help keep it's colour, but tbh you're fighting a losing battle with non-natural red - it fades and there's not a lot you can do about it, except for being obsessively punctual with re-touching with dyes.
    My brother has been doing his hair black resently. Our hair dresser said that if you go for black or bright colours like red/purple/green etc, they will always fade, you just cant keep it that same brightness that is to begin with. He just keeps refreshing the colour every so often when his roots begin to show and always uses coloured shampoo.
    only wash your hair once or twice a week! my hair is looking great after dying 3 weeks ago...but i also have permed dry hair so washing it makes it fade. try to keep out of the sun or use sun protection hair mist stuff, or wear a hat. also use lots of moisturising products...and never use a volumizing shampoo or head and sholders...personally the more moisturising the product the better.
    when i used to dye my hair, i used Fructis Colour Protection stuff, think you can still buy it. It worked good for me and i was using semi-permanent back then cuz you couldnt get "proper" red in permanent.

So yes, Fructis = mint
    Use one of the pre-lightening kits. Took my sis's hair ages to fade after that. And don't condition it too often .... seems to take the colour out more than shampoo.
    When I used to have sections of red hair my hairdresser suggested using wella colour mousse in with my shampoo everytime i washed my hair. It worked quite well and its cheap.
    I think I might get some of the wella shaders and toners to mix in with my shampoo/conditioner..used to use the purple one when i had bleached hair for toning.

By the way Ilora - love your avatar. witness the fitness ;]
    pinkvans wrote: »
    By the way Ilora - love your avatar. witness the fitness ;]
    Haha yay!! (don't get me started on Mr McAvoy!!! I could chaff all day about how fabulous he is) :heart::heart::lol:
    Me too. When you fancy him even though he has goat legs in Narnia, then you know you're completely gone!:love:
    pinkvans wrote: »
    Me too. When you fancy him even though he has goat legs in Narnia, then you know you're completely gone!:love:
    "How would it be, if you came and had tea, with meeeee?"..... YES PLEASE MR TUMNUS!!!!! :love::D:o