Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Windows Live Onecare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been looking at it alot recently as my sister got a new laptop, and McAfee don't work well with Acer and vista.

Its currently running the 90 day trial and its running really good! anyone else got feedback on the product.

Is it a Yearly thing or a one off payment and you got it for life?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Check on their website :)
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Been looking at it alot recently as my sister got a new laptop, and McAfee don't work well with Acer and vista.

Its currently running the 90 day trial and its running really good! anyone else got feedback on the product.

Is it a Yearly thing or a one off payment and you got it for life?

No experience or comments of it at all, except for the several reports i've read where it has been one of the worse performing security packages during tests on a regular basis, despite feedback they've been given.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6418965.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6331959.stm

I know Microsoft get slated for everything they do, but this seems like an unbiased test showing geniune failings, as such I wouldn't use it as the sole security package that it's intended to be. Not saying that it's hopeless though, i'm sure they'll be aspects of it that are really good, but I wouldn't want my system security dependant upon that alone
    Don't get it if you bought that SC101... It doesn't work..

Onecare tries to defrag the thing, which it fails at, and it'll crash your system

Also, onecare won't allow you to backup to the sc101, because it's not recognised as an internal drive.
    noog wrote: »
    Don't get it if you bought that SC101... It doesn't work..

Hmm at the moment the thing is sitting on the floor gathering dust...