Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coconut crusted shrimp dip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Especially from the what are you eathing threads, there definatly seems to be some good cooks on here. So, does anybody know of a good dipping sauce recipe or something for coconut shrimp? I've got the shrimp, but can't really find anything in the store for sauce and I'm sure regular coctail sauce would taste like crap with it. I can't find much online, weird recipes with plum preserves and such, plus I've had bad experiences with recipes that I find randomly :p

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I know a nice satay with coconut, soy sauce and peanut butter, though not sure if thats what you are looking for.

Put 1 ounce of Cream of coconut and 5fl ounces of boiling water in a bowl, stir to dissolve.

Put 2 ounces of peanut butter, a tablespoon of lemon juice, some chilli flakes, and one tablespoon of soy sauce in a saucepan ove a low heat, and stir in the dissolved coconut slowly. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency.

Pour over prawns, and serve with a sprinkling of chopped spring onion.