Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where to buy small sizes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've lost lots of weight recently and was pretty small to begin with. Where is best for buying small clothes? I just got some new jeans from New Look's range for girls (age 11 - 12 fits me well!) What other shops sell teenage girl clothes that would look okay on adults? I need new clothes as my old clothes are hanging off me. I especially want trousers as these look worse too big than tops that are too big do.

Comments

• Options
    Honestly RG I reckon that you should try to put some of the weight back on. Just small steps though.

It's hard getting small clothes that are kids because often they have some ridiculous flower design on but when I was thinner I used to love Tammy Girl. I have a sneaky suspiscion that it no longer exists though. I've got a relation who's naturally very tiny (size 6 on a fat day) and I think that she gets a lot of designer type stuff (Miss Sixty) which are geared towards smaller sizes.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    The problem with kids ranges is that the sizes are proportional to the heights, so to get something that's the right length for an adult (unless you're pretty tiny height-wise) you're running into sizes that you could probably buy from an adult shop. I buy kids clothes quite a lot (I'm about age 12-13 ;) ) and I find they fit around the same as an adult size 8 petite.

I reckon if you're an averagey kinda height, you'd be better seeking out smaller sized adult clothes. H&M sizes are usually little (I know I always have to go up a size), and they do 6s which are tiny, same with Zara (although some of their 6s are randomly gigantic. Or maybe try TK Maxx if you have one about, some of their American brands have really little sizes.
  • Options
    miss selfridge stock a lot of size 4`s
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies :)

Luckily (?) I'm only 5 foot 2 so I'm in proportion. I lost the weight due to illness, it wasn't planned and I expect it will come back of its own accord in time but I want clothes that fit me now! (I'm not very patient you see).