Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going off drugs ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did a fair amount of charlie last night and I have reaaaaaaally gone off it .. Don't know whether it's because I might be on a bit of a downer and I'm tired but I dunno the drip made me feel sick and although the buzz was okay I couldn't really feel it cos I was so hammered. I'm glad I didn't buy it !

Does any one else ever go off drugs from time to time

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does any one else ever go off drugs from time to time

I think you'll find that most people eventually go off drugs, especially stuff like E's, coke and acid. I didn't find it hard but that does not mean you or others will, especially if you attach some sort of psychological or physical addiction to a drug.
    "When the comedown outweighs the good times, you know the party's over"

The trouble is alot of people don't seem to have a good sense for when that is, whether in the short or long term.
    "When the comedown outweighs the good times, you know the party's over"

The trouble is alot of people don't seem to have a good sense for when that is, whether in the short or long term.

It was a pretty bad experience for you if I remember correctly?
    yes, it was. In the intervening years I've become a little more informed and had some time to reflect on my experiences. I've come to believe that I had something of a pre-existing mental health issue relating to anxiety, but that this was greatly exacerbated by a period of about 2-3 years wherein I was doing far more than I should have done.

It did get to the point where my entire life my about drug consumption, and I did go through a period which I now recognise as being something of a major depressive episode.

However I do no many people for whom this has not occurred, or if they have problems that they have manifested themselves in different ways and often in much subtler terms. The point is that individuals should not judge themselves by other people, we all need to be aware of the effect that our actions are having in our lives, and not say that 'because x has been smoking for years/taking pills for years i'm alright jack'.

It doesnt work that way.
    yes, it was. In the intervening years I've become a little more informed and had some time to reflect on my experiences. I've come to believe that I had something of a pre-existing mental health issue relating to anxiety, but that this was greatly exacerbated by a period of about 2-3 years wherein I was doing far more than I should have done.

It did get to the point where my entire life my about drug consumption, and I did go through a period which I now recognise as being something of a major depressive episode.

However I do no many people for whom this has not occurred, or if they have problems that they have manifested themselves in different ways and often in much subtler terms. The point is that individuals should not judge themselves by other people, we all need to be aware of the effect that our actions are having in our lives, and not say that 'because x has been smoking for years/taking pills for years i'm alright jack'.

It doesnt work that way.

Well .. good for you for sorting it all out and shit :)

.. But I haven't gone off pills or anything I still think they're fucking good but I have gone off coke .. And if I wasn't getting it for free I wouldn't be doing it all can't be fucked with it
    The most concerning thing you've said so far is that you can get coke for free, which makes me wonder why?

I was really responding to Tur...Yerascrote, because I realise that I'm probably an exception not the rule. Also I've discussed this on the boards at great length over the years, and this thread is about you so I don't want to distract from that by dwelling on my past experiences.

It might well be that there is a level of use that is right for you. The point is that only you can know what that is, and be aware that it might vary in different times and places.
    The most concerning thing you've said so far is that you can get coke for free, which makes me wonder why?

I get coke for free too, and other drugs. Not routinely but on a night out I usually get something offered. Its what happens when guys want to shag you.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I get coke for free too, and other drugs. Not routinely but on a night out I usually get something offered. Its what happens when guys want to shag you.

:lol: Damn you girls ;)

:lol: I should probably qualify my earlier reply, I mean its concerning if you can get coke on tick or free, regularly. My concern was if you might be in danger of getting yourself into anyones pocket.
    :lol: I should probably qualify my earlier reply, I mean its concerning if you can get coke on tick or free, regularly. My concern was if you might be in danger of getting yourself into anyones pocket.

Don't really see how its that concerning or surprising really. Anybody who knows a dealer can score gear on tick, and any fit birds who know a dealer/rich user can score free gear.
    I didn't say it was surprising, I said it could be concerning - no such thing as a free lunch and all that.

I don't know what her situation is, which is why i suggested that it could be of concern. You don't need to go that far up the supply chain to find some pretty unscrupulous people.
    lipsy wrote: »

Aye, that's why I frequent gay clubs :razz:
    In 12 years I've never wanted to stop - apart from ket once when I was doing too much.
    In 12 years I've never wanted to stop - apart from ket once when I was doing too much.

thats what i'm talking about. we've all gotta find our own level that we're comfortable with.

Also to further clarify what i was saying about free coke being possibly worrying; what i was getting at was the possibility that if you can get enough free coke to support a habit it could spell trouble down the line. I'm not talking about a line of a mate, of a peace-offering-with-view-to-future-shag.
    id never say im going to stop cuz the temptation will always be there.. cutting down is the term i prefer because that way you're not lying to yourself.. even if its years between taking stuff!
    The best thing ever happened to me today. My coke dealer has stopped selling coke. Yes, he has stopped selling coke. Once I've paid off my debts tomorrow, I'll never see him again and hopefully never see that white shit that fucks my life up again. :D

I can still get hold of it, but it'll be a bit more of a mission now...and I hate missions, so hopefully this will put me off.
    I've decided to get loads of Speed to help ween me off it totally, works out cheaper.
    Sounds good but be careful with substituting one drug for another; I know at least a few people on this board who can tell you about long term speed dependancy.
    I know, but I'd rather be addicted to something that doesn't get me in fuck loads of debt.
    As I've been saying all along you're the one in the best position to judge whats best for you, just be careful that this doesn't turn into something you didn't intend :)
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'll never see him again and hopefully never see that white shit that fucks my life up again.

You are probably saying this as a joke or its some kind of drug takers code that I don't get but the way you guys say that you need to be knowledgable about drugs before making assumptions about drugs and drug takers...but then people like me read things like this and its so confusing! Hmm this probably doesn't make much sense but reading about how "messy" people like to get and how they get so fucked when on benders and then posting their experiences here doesn't paint drugs in such a positive light if you want people to be more open minded. Argh ignore me :P
    silverhalo wrote: »
    Argh ignore me :P

Probably for the best.
    You are probably saying this as a joke or its some kind of drug takers code that I don't get but the way you guys say that you need to be knowledgable about drugs before making assumptions about drugs and drug takers...but then people like me read things like this and its so confusing! Hmm this probably doesn't make much sense but reading about how "messy" people like to get and how they get so fucked when on benders and then posting their experiences here doesn't paint drugs in such a positive light if you want people to be more open minded. Argh ignore me :P

But different drugs are VERY different in how they affect people. The drug that is being argued about the most is Ecstasy, which has never done a thing wrong to me.

When I say 'fucks up my life', you're probably thinking it's worse than it is. It's hardly a heroin or crack addiction where I'm going cold turkey and want to die. It's just a case of always wanting it, not being able to say no and wasting my money on it, leaving me in debt and resulting in ,minor depression. It's not so much the drug Cocaine that is the problem, it is the cost of it.

Coke is quite addictive and people handle drugs differently anyway. I'm quite sensible with drugs really whereas when I drink alcohol I just don't know my limits and drink til I sink. For instance, I take an average of 2 to 3 pills on a night out and I bought a gram of coke about 3-4 weeks ago and I've still got about 1/4 left!
    I'm like a hoover with coke, I just need more and more and more. I could keep snorting until my nose is ripped apart.
    ugh i snorted some mdma on the weekend, seemed like a good idea at the time but my nose was fubared the next day, won't be doing that again in a hurry...
    ugh i snorted some mdma on the weekend, seemed like a good idea at the time but my nose was fubared the next day, won't be doing that again in a hurry...

Haha, it's nasty innit.
    The difference between MDMA powder and Coke is a little bit like the difference between powdered sugar and powdered granite, when snorted.
    :lol:

i snorted 1/4 gram of mdma before, painful isnt even the word!
    The difference between MDMA powder and Coke is a little bit like the difference between powdered sugar and powdered granite, when snorted.

indeed. no pain no gain though. mdma > cocaine. no contest :thumb:
    z- wrote: »
    :lol:

i snorted 1/4 gram of mdma before, painful isnt even the word!

Lol I remember once when I was fucked on loads of pills and speed, and someone got out some MDMA powder. Because I was so screwed and not thinking straight, I racked out a proper fat, long, chunky, motherfucking snake of a line..larger than my lines of coke. OWCH!!! Never snorted it again!

Snorting crushed up pills isn't exactly pleasant for your nose either!!