Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lads and their games..........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here goes,

I met a lad about a month and half ago, we get on fine and he seems interested when we are together but when we aren't he goes all distant like he's blowing hot and cold. He'll text me some days and others he'll ignore me. I mean what is he playing at? I don't know whether he is trying to keep me interested by playing games and playing hard to get or what!

Anyone else been in this situation??

Sauce :confused:

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Ill be honest hun, he sounds like he isnt interested.

I've had this happen loads, and nothing comes of it. I don't know for sure as I don't know him, but from my experience they are just messing around, perhaps waiting to see what else comes along.

Sorry if that is a bit blunt, but thats my opinion of things.

Chin up love, and go find someone who is true to you, and treats you the way you want to be treated!

:)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks hun, well noted. I ain't got the time and effort to play games
    Must be the new ps3 that's out.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

lol, yeah my phone bill is always lower during the month of the world cup.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    sauce wrote: »
    thanks hun, well noted. I ain't got the time and effort to play games

no exactly. I mean by all means give him another chance, see how he is and what not, but don't stick at it and let yourself get further involved and ultimately hurt.

I know how you feel love, but there are lads out there who deserve your time...believe me.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

exactly, loves his computer like
    I am going through something the same the now..

I have been seeing this guy for about a month now, we get on great when we are with each other & he said he had been thinking about having sex with me all week. Anyway i just had this feeling something wasn't right now i had forgotten to take my phone out with me so i asked if i could use his phone to send my dad a text to say i was alright, what do i find in his inbox but i a text from his ex saying 'ive booked the table at (insert restaraunt name) for (insert day) it will be just the two of us. you know we still have a connection!'

what does anyone else think of this? my first thought he must be cheating on me with his ex.. (oh yeah he has 2 kids with this girl and they were dating for over 12 years) .. am so confused... :(
    Confront him. And maybe he is trying to sort things out with her? Hate to be horrid, but maybe thats a good thing. He has two kids by her, so must have had a large attatchment to her. I'm not sure I would want to stick around if I were you. But maybe I'm wrong.
    talia wrote: »
    Confront him. And maybe he is trying to sort things out with her? Hate to be horrid, but maybe thats a good thing. He has two kids by her, so must have had a large attatchment to her. I'm not sure I would want to stick around if I were you. But maybe I'm wrong.

u are just saying what i have been thinking myself. thanks x
    sauce wrote: »
    Here goes,

I met a lad about a month and half ago, we get on fine and he seems interested when we are together but when we aren't he goes all distant like he's blowing hot and cold. He'll text me some days and others he'll ignore me. I mean what is he playing at? I don't know whether he is trying to keep me interested by playing games and playing hard to get or what!

Anyone else been in this situation??

Sauce :confused:

It isn't game playing. I do that too, but not out of some kind of malicious motive. I just have fun with that one girl and it's usually a good day/night, when we meet up, but then again I rarely text her, actually I stopped at all, because I didn't put that much priority into getting with her.

I guess he isn't interested, or just very busy or miserable because of some reason.

@montygirl: I think nobody was ever that close to the exact definition of a rebound you are in. Your situation is a paradigm (no sarcasm intended), better get outta here.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    just very busy or miserable because of some reason.

My thoughts exactly.
    The way i see it is that when you like someone especially in the first month, you wanna speak/text each other all the time.... I hate to say it but it sounds like he is distracted to me and by distracted i mean he might be texting/seeing other people. I might be wrong but that was my inital thought.

Good luck xx
    i was in your exact same situation last year with a guy i really liked....it turned out he'd just been using me to make his ex jealous, so i think you'd better get rid of him fast...there'll be lads who treat you the way u shud be treated, so y waste time with the ones that don't treat you nice?
    Tbh, if I do this, it's usually because either I'm just after something casual, I'm not sure how I feel about her yet, or I just think of her as someone to have a bit of fun with when I see on a night out. I don't see anything deceptive about that. Surely texting you every second of the day when I'm only interested in something casual would be much worse. Don't mistake you getting the wrong end of the stick as him playing games.
    Surely texting you every second of the day when I'm only interested in something casual would be much worse. Don't mistake you getting the wrong end of the stick as him playing games.

:yes: TBH if I was with someone and we both saw it as a bit of fun and he constantly was tecting me, I would think he was either after something more or just very clingy.
    thanks for all the advice you guy's. Just gonna bide my time and see what happens and let him come to me. I don't want anything serious either so just might have fun instead lol