Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not being paid last months wages - what do i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently in my notice period at my company as they entered finanical difficulties and decided to make 80% of the staff redundant. I then find out today that i wont be being paid for last months work as they don't have any money left now and may go into administration.

So what happens now, how do i get that last months money or even the rest of my notice period money? I don't earn a lot so now i cant even afford to pay for rent or food. What can i do now? :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You will have to claim it from the DWP. Takes about six weeks to be sorted, I think. You should be given a form to complete from your employer / the administrators (they should have filled in most of it for you, you should just have to check and sign it) -I can't remember the name of it, but it's yellow and white, four sides of A4.

The company I work for was in administration from Sept - Dec 2006, but got bought at the last minute. I work in the HR Dept and had to fill in the forms for the forty people we had to make redundant in Oct :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As the company has not gone into administration yet (and may not) where do i stand? Also as im in my notice period still will i get paid for the full notice period or just the month i have so far worked and been unpaid for? Will i be able to claim all the money back or just a percentage?

Thank you for your reply so far, it makes me feel a tiny bit better about all this.