Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tea to coke conversion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A 330 ml can of coke contains 35g of sugar

If I want to replace coke with tea - how many cups of tea can I drink before the sugar contents is the same as 1 can of coke

Assuming I drink 1 cup of tea with two heap spoons of brown sugar

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    freak.gif

How can we possibly...

You'd need to measure the weight of a spoonful of the sugar. Then divide 35g by the weight of the spoonful. That'll give you the number of equivalent cups.

I have no idea why you want to keep the same level of sugar intake...
    A 5ml teaspoon of sugar weighs 5g
    Idiocracy wrote: »
    freak.gif

How can we possibly...

You'd need to measure the weight of a spoonful of the sugar. Then divide 35g by the weight of the spoonful. That'll give you the number of equivalent cups.

I have no idea why you want to keep the same level of sugar intake...

Who said anything about keeping up the two - I just wanna know - mainly stem from my mother nagging my Dad the other day for drinking too much tea and me thinking well he'd normally drink a can of coke anyways so tea Must have a lot less sugar in it .. but how much less? And I'm sure you younger ones have done something in school that will help you figure out the problem.
    Who said anything about keeping up the two - I just wanna know - mainly stem from my mother nagging my Dad the other day for drinking too much tea and me thinking well he'd normally drink a can of coke anyways so tea Must have a lot less sugar in it .. but how much less? And I'm sure you younger ones have done something in school that will help you figure out the problem.

Going with Rubberskin's number:

1 cup of tea would equal 10g of sugar.

35/10 = 3.5 cups of tea are equivalent to one can.

I must be missing something here...
    Idiocracy wrote: »
    +
    I must be missing something here...

It was "how many people do you know have been killed by a tree?" the other day.

Tune in next week to find out what Diamond Geezer's totally off-the scale random thread will be! ;)
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It was "how many people do you know have been killed by a tree?" the other day.

Tune in next week to find out what Diamond Geezer's totally off-the scale random thread will be! ;)

You Luv it and you know it!!

BTW everytime I see your AV I think you're female and named Briony or Britney or some other girly name ..