Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CV with lots of jobs?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
How do you go about fitting them all in?

I've had lots of jobs, alot of which I haven't spent long at, for example, my summer jobs.

I'm trying to write a new CV now ya see :)

eta: Who am I best putting down as my referees? The jobs I spent the longest at or my last two jobs?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got told one of two things:
    Put the 3 most recent
    or:
    The most relevant.
    As for the referrees, go for the most relevant, or if none are better than any others then go for 1 long and one recent.

Put the recent jobs with a one line summary of the rest of your working life.
    i wouldn't necessarily list them all. sure, might be good if they're relevant to the jobs you're applying too but otherwise i don't think it's really necessary. might be more worthwhile putting those that you've spent a while in to show you've got longevity. :)
    Cheers guys. What I decided to do is list my two previous jobs - one being my student union job which lasted 8 months and my last summer job which lasted 4. I then listed my job at Mc'Donalds which lasted just over 3 years. Sooo, theres 3 jobs on there :yes:
    If your job lasted less than a few months don't bother including it. Only include the ones that show you obtained some skill and contributed positively too.
    I worked Saturdays in Boots for 6 months, that goes nowhere near my CV.
    I only put my two most relevant jobs ('proper' jobs, if you will, :p ) and then I lump all the rest together in a 'various temporary jobs' type thing, so they'll know I've got a lot of general experience in different jobs and paid my way through college/uni, but I don't need to bore them with the details.

Quite a few people have commented positively on the way it's done, so I'm keeping it :thumb:
    for a reference go for the most relevant - after all thats what counts in the end as long as it wasn't a rediciously long time ago. you want the best reference you can get.