Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Damn Laptop!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know very little about computers, so if anyone could help that would be great!!

My laptop has been running REALLY slow and keeps freezing and (not responding) whenever I open something. Even if I just have one application open it is freezing!!!

Someone please advise.
Ta :)

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    How much RAM does it have if you know? Have you installed any new applications recently?

It could be just a case of you not having enough RAM to handle the applications you use, it may just need a tidyup to sort all the crap out.

It could be infected with spyware/malware clogging up your machine.

I suggest maybe running a disk cleanup, followed by a scan from Spybot or adware then defragment your lappy. Report back if your still having issues after this
  • Options
    press CONTROL ALT DELETE and from there you can find a screen which tell you what's programs are slowing it down the most
  • Options
    press CONTROL ALT DELETE and from there you can find a screen which tell you what's programs are slowing it down the most

Yep look under processes, looks for the one with the highest cpu count, then the highest memory count
  • Options
    Is it infected with norton?