Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Manchester jobs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Right, well, at the end of next month/June sometime I'm moving to Manchester soooo I need to start looking for jobs to pay the rent and what not.

When I saw Babyshambler at the weekend, she recommended using the Jobs North West paper and stuff. I was just wondering if you guys had anything more to add?

Apparently the temping agencies aren't that great. If there are any good ones, which ones?

If I'm completely honest, I'll take any job that pays at first. I'm really not fussed. Ideally though, I'd like something in an office. I'm just gonna be temping for a while until I settle down and start looking for proper jobs. Just need some money that will pay the bills.

Cheers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used Hays before, even though i didnt get a job through them (they were not right for what i was looking for) they were very very very helpful and called near enough every week offering interviews if i wanted them.

other than that the Manchester Evening News is jammed full of jobs on jobs night, cant remember what night the jobs night is tho. sure you'll find out somewhere.

good luck!
  • Options
    The uni, colleges or council might have office based jobs going I would check their websites out.
  • Options
    monster, totaljobs.com, and job centre are all good. just try googling for 'jobs in manchester' and that'll give you tonnes of links online!
  • Options
  • Options
    Once you get known by job agencies they are good, but getting known in a city like Manchester is difficult because there are so many people enrolled with them.

The local free papers have jobs in like the metro and, manchester evening news etc.
  • Options