Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Paper round poo heads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
walking across my lawn. Just don't! Why do the paper people not walk up and down drives instead of skipping across lawns. Do you think this is rude or am I just a moody moo cow?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there goes his christmas tip!

When I was a paper boy there was one house so far away from the road I used to ride me bike up his lawn, luckily he never noticed as I was always so early
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Personally i don't mind it, not really doing any harm unless they are trampling all over your plants
    Christmas tip? You serious? They're delivering a paper I never asked for and I then have to deal with recycling it. Maybe I shoudl relax over the lawn walking thing. It's not kike I give a shit about my lawn and if my neighbour didn't mow it for me, it would be all wild and unloved anyway.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    katralla wrote: »
    Christmas tip? You serious? They're delivering a paper I never asked for and I then have to deal with recycling it. Maybe I shoudl relax over the lawn walking thing. It's not kike I give a shit about my lawn and if my neighbour didn't mow it for me, it would be all wild and unloved anyway.

Ha there you go then :D Can you not say you don't want the free paper delivered to your door next time?
    My postman does that too, right over the grass to come and deliver the post and then right in front of my window to go next door, drives me batty :grump:

Ah fair enough, i assumed you meant it was for a proper newspaper you pay for. Next time you see him, tell me not to bother ever dropping off a paper to you, then all is sorted
    Glittery wrote: »
    My postman does that too, right over the grass to come and deliver the post and then right in front of my window to go next door, drives me batty :grump:

phew! not just me then. The casual saunter across the lawn, right past where he can obviously see I'm sat in the wondow is... infuriating.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    It used to drive me mental in the old house...that is why I had a garden path!!!

(no garden in this house, just a drive with cars on...no problem)
    Is shadow a girl? There seems to be a boy girl divide on finding this annoying.
    walking across my lawn. Just don't! Why do the paper people not walk up and down drives instead of skipping across lawns. Do you think this is rude or am I just a moody moo cow?

Think you're being semi moody

My parents made me do a weekly paper round when I was young - what they don't realise is how rude some people can be when all you are doing is delivering the weekly free paper.
    Think you're being semi moody

My parents made me do a weekly paper round when I was young - what they don't realise is how rude some people can be when all you are doing is delivering the weekly free paper.
    Did you leave gates open too as well as walking on peoples grass? :grump:

:p
    I got told off once because the paper was wet.

It was flippin torrential!

Although :D I did break someones letterbox trying to post the guardian on saturday morning or something like that.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Although :D I did break someones letterbox trying to post the guardian on saturday morning or something like that.

Saturday papers were hellish with all them supplements :grump:

I used to deliver to a sheltered housing complex, and this old witch used to moan at me every day for being late. On my last day I empted one of her plant pots on the nasty old bat's doorstep. Then she phoned my paper shop, who phoned my Mam and I got my mobile phone confiscated for a week :(
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I used to deliver to a sheltered housing complex, and this old witch used to moan at me every day for being late. On my last day I empted one of her plant pots on the nasty old bat's doorstep. Then she phoned my paper shop, who phoned my Mam and I got my mobile phone confiscated for a week :(

:lol:
    I only have a back garden but it drives me mental when the binmen leave the gate open.

If the part of the garden where the door is wasn't paved I would be pissed if people walked over the grass instead of the path because if they're coming in they'll drag the dirt and stuff over the floor and even if they aren't they're ruining the garden. :impissed:
    Hug Jesus and save a tree today. Eh boo boo. :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes
    I got told off by a Sun regular because his Saturday Sun paper didn't have a lottery scratchcard thingy inside it! Did I have to check that every paper had a prize draw / scratchcard enclosed?!