Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stress/panic/anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What does everyone do when they're really stressed?

I've got my university finals soon and I'm in the process of finishing off all my coursework to hand in. The thing is, I constantly feel nervous, I don't have an appetite and I'm barely getting any sleep. I'm just constantly anxious about the work I've done as I've had a crap tutor for my dissertation who has barely helped at all and doesn't give a shit.

I already take propopanol to block the adrenaline but it doesn't seem to do much. The doctors given me sleeping pills and diezepam to take during the day but it seems to dull my concentration.

I just don't know how to stop worrying - I try to tell myself it doesn't matter so much but my body just reacts in this way and makes me feel constantly on edge. I hate it and can only see it getting worse until my exams are over. I've sent my dissertation to get bound today and I was hoping I'd feel better that it's out the way but I just don't.

I really want to sort it out because I'm losing weight (and I was only a size 8 to start with so don't want to lose any more) and I waste time crying and having panic attacks.

Just don't know what to do to calm myself down :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've found a mixture of meditation and exercise combined with propranolol really worked for me.

I still have days (normally when I first look at an exam paper) when I freak and start crying, but I accept that it's a feeling, acknowledge that it won't help me in the long run, go for a walk to shake off my bad feelings, and that has helped me quite a bit.

Have you had any CBT or anything? It helped me quite a bit, Moodgym online is a pretty damn good resource too.