Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Benefit Fraud

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shoulda Woulda Coulda.

I don't understand how so many people here can be so opinionated and judgmental about 'students in general' when each person's situation is personal to them, and not to the rest of the world. The only time I would condone that, is if it's directly affecting society (by that, I mean committing a crime).
    For example. If a student doesn't want a shit job during their studies, then that's their choice - if you chose to work in a shit job during YOUR studies, then that's your own doing and you don't have the right to be bitter about others being more picky - it's their prerogative. Live and let live, eh?

Anyway, as these topics generally do, this one has deviated away from the original point of the post. The questions I asked, have been answered so I don't really see the point in carrying on...

Perhaps a sticky on the ethics of claiming benefits/benefit fraud in the P&D forum would be the best solution!
  • Options
    ^^^ i'll repeat what i've already said, no one has said all students SHOULD work but the girl you posted about originally posted about should have if money was that tight that she had to resort to claiming illegally

anyhoo, i've said my piece :)
  • Options
    Just to make things clear, I don't have a problem with students not working. I'm not currently working to concentrate on my final year. If you don't have to work, why would you?

What I do have a problem with however, is students who whinge about having no money all the time and how the government doesn't give them enough yet they are perfectly capable of getting a job and earning a wage.