Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Photo Printers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Interested in getting one but have no idea which one to get seeing as there are only about 300 on the market (slight exaggeration but u get the idea).

Anyone got one, any reccomendations, anything i should steer clear of?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    Interested in getting one but have no idea which one to get seeing as there are only about 300 on the market (slight exaggeration but u get the idea).

Almost as many as there are threads on it...

(slight exaggeration, theres just the one on about printers, but it was the one you replaced at the top of the list, you get the idea)
    yeah but that's normal printers for A4 printable PC/Mac type documents- i read it.

I wanted to know about opinions from people about the quality of photo prints, how fast ect which ones are shit and if its really worth buying one.
    Are you after a dedicated photo printer like these, or just a normal printer that happens to print great photos?
    I have a canon pixma a4 printer which does great photo prints, i also like the HP photosmart range but i'm not sure how much the fancy vivera ink costs.

Ink prices suck :(
    I've got this one

32857-photosmart_375.jpg

It's alright, does the job but the ink runs out really quickly, I find it'll do maybe 30 prints before everything goes pinky. Cartridges cost £19 in Argos but I get them on Ebay for about £12.
    if you're a Sky customer you can get 30 free prints - think even postage is free .. :chin: