Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need to let off steam!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where to put this but as it's about a friend!

Sounds really petty, but just want to point out its the principle!

I brought a jacket a couple of months ago, and it literally dissappeared, was the only summery jacket I had and as I really liked it and only wore it about twice I was quite dissappointed. Asked my friends if it was at theres etc as i'm always there, they said nope.

So tonight, my mate rings me saying shes just been with my other mate (us three are like inseparable) and she has my jacket on!! The exact same one, and even when my mate said ooo wheres your jacket from she sed "yaydydy" when it actually said the place it was from in the tag so she blatently didn't want her to know ti was actually mine!

I personally don't think im exaggerating but i'm really angry. 1, it was a darn nice jacket lol, 2, shes meant to be my best mate and has literally stolen from me, especially when ive asked numerous times if ive left it at hers. I wouldnt have minded if she had of rang and said "ooo i've found it but can I wear it!" or even said to my mate "yeah its hers iv just found it ill give it back tomorrow dont tell her hehe!" but no! Just lied!

GRR!!

Rant over =) x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Confront her.
    Report her for theft :p but yeah that is totally out of order, confront her, she doesn't sound much of a friend.
    I know! I don't wana say owt though I don't wanna get my other mate involved. Just gonna wait til I go round and raid her room as i'm going to pick up some clothes i've left there from the other night, she'l hide it though as she obviously has been doing for the past few weeks! She's always been one to tell little white lies but that's fine, but you don't steal from your "best" mates!!!
    id remember this for future reference and wouldnt leave anything at hers+would never lend her anything again and, personally, wouldn't consider her a mate anymore!
    if you cant find it when you go around maybe try a guilt trip like "im so upset ive lost my jacket. i cant afford to replace it, but i really miss it, i wish i knew where it was"
    You can't trust someone who steals off you and lies to you, don't be her friend anymore.
    Are you 100% sure it was yours and not hers?
    One of my first year flatmates at Uni was a habitual clothes thief, I often met her on a night out in town dressed from head to toe in my clothes and she wasn't above nicking undies and the like. Bizarre!

I was a total pushover then and I just ignored it. Occasionally I would say stuff like "oh, you're borrowing my jeans then" when she swanned into the kitchen with them on, but then I just started locking my door which I hated doing but it was a means to an end.

In your case, I think you need to tell her that you've been told she has that jacket you've been looking for and how relieved you are that it isn't lost... so can she bring it over next time she pops round? She either has to say "oh yes" (and it saves you the embarrassment of accusing her) or lie to your face about it. Either way you'll have some resolution - getting it back and having a rethink of the trust dynamic, or knowing she's a barefaced liar and ditching her :thumb: