Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

people from the site

2»

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Lacy wrote: »
    Not being funny though but half the people on here live in a fantasy world, and it's blatantly obvious. I wouldn't wanna meet up with them just in case they turned on me and knifed me or something.

Why is it that people say "not being funny" in front of a sentence when they are blatantly "being funny"?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been to a meet in 2002, it was just a small one though, I think the only people from it who still post are sa-ra-ra-ra and J.

I've also met a few other people separately, the only one who posts now is go_away, and I only met her very briefly in a busy pub. :)

I don't know whether I would go to a big meet, I don't really like big crowds and tend to feel that a) a lot of people who go to the meets are younger than me, and b) they seem to chat away from here on MSN and "know" each other better.

I'd meet people in smaller groups though although don't think there's any members near where I live now.

When I move to London I'll probably meet more randoms as I don't know that many people there and I'll be bored!
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I'd be scared to go to a meet incase i bump into someone who I actually know in real life. Scary.

:confused:
    :confused:

I think what she means is that there are some people from here that you may bump into IRL that you didn't relise posted here.
    Sofie wrote: »
    I think what she means is that there are some people from here that you may bump into IRL that you didn't relise posted here.

That is exactly it. :)
    Sofie wrote: »

Yeah but what are the chances??
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Why is it that people say "not being funny" in front of a sentence when they are blatantly "being funny"?

:yes:

Sometimes its a habit saying it though, I sometimes do but its just like, 'No offense ..' reminds me of like year ten when me and all my mates were bitchy twats and used phrases like that all the time .. sad really.
    I've been too shy to go to a thesite meet but there are some folk I really want to meet off of here..namely matt (strubbs), stacey, jst and briggi
    Yeah there are a few people off here I'd like to meet. Never really thought about it overly much though :)
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Yeah there are a few people off here I'd like to meet. Never really thought about it overly much though :)

;) How ya doin
    I've met budda but there are a good few i'd like to meet on here.

I also hang around with yeroscrote so suppose that doesn't really count.

Never made it to that meet in belfast that time because i had to work, maybe another one wouldn't be a bad idea.
    **Helen** wrote: »

Pray tell oh wise one :rolleyes:

If there was a massive orgy with normal fit people i'd go :chin:
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    ;) How ya doin

:lol: Yeah you'd be included in that list I'd guess ;)
    Pray tell oh wise one :rolleyes:

If there was a massive orgy with normal fit people i'd go :chin:

haha .. your actually quite funny
    Not being funny though but half the people on here live in a fantasy world, and it's blatantly obvious. I wouldn't wanna meet up with them just in case they turned on me and knifed me or something.
    Exactly, as half the people on here are wanted for committing cold-blooded murders...