Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car with a cassette player

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a 9yo Ford KA, which has a cassette player, and a socket for a cig lighter. Didn't actually come with a cig lighter though (fine by me) and it doesn't even have a rev counter, so it really sucks in terms of gadgets.

I don't like listening to the radio, and I have no clue how I'd sort the cassettes out, so I'm wondering what options there are to get some decent music in there. I have an ipod if that is useful at all, and don't want to spend a fortune as I wont have it for more than a couple of years I suspect.

Comments

• Options
    get a cassette adapter thingy one of these. you can get them from argos or currys probably.

one end goes in the tape hole, the other into your head phone hole in your ipod :)

they're probably pretty cheap too.
  • Options
    or an I-trip, so you can play your ipod through the radio. Quality wont be too good though, but it only cost about a tenner
  • Options
    Replicant wrote: »
    get a cassette adapter thingy one of these. you can get them from argos or currys probably.

one end goes in the tape hole, the other into your head phone hole in your ipod :)

they're probably pretty cheap too.

yeeeah, i'd agree with this. i had a car that only had a tape cassette for ages, and i would just listen to my ipod all the time using the casette adaptor. you can get them from supermarkets too, mine was from asda and it was about £7.
  • Options
    Or both of those gadgets available from my lovely company which i won't spam the site with for a couple of quid, opposed to currys double figure offerings!

Sadly we like robbing customers in other ways so unless you have an account with us we'd probably charge you double, and slap on some extortionate carriage fees.

Damn greedy companies, still makes me feel less guilty when i literally spend 80%+ of my time at work surfing this thing and drinking tea :thumb:

I think the cassette thingy-me-bob would be your best options, try poundland style shops, we sell them for something like £2, but thats to trade, certainly wouldn't have to spend a fortune on one :)
  • Options
    I just got my first motor and alls hes got is a cassette.
    Ebay £2.50 delivered for an adaptor....but poundland etc is a safe bet.

Qualities as good as your MP3, depends on the system in the car from there on in.

Cheap way for tunes tho
  • Options
    olaola wrote: »
    or an I-trip, so you can play your ipod through the radio. Quality wont be too good though, but it only cost about a tenner

I would suggest an iTrip too. My Griffin one was about £24 and the quality is perfect, just like listening to the radio. Would suggest www.allthingsipod.co.uk or eBay.