Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doherty and BBC ban

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I used to think that too. Then I actually started looking at him as a person (beyond the addiction) and he is actually academically clever - no i don't mean he gets good grades - but he has some very good philosophies and ideals: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pete_Doherty

Please don't cut me down for defending him; this is only my opinion. I once thought different about him. Now I don't. I'm not saying everybody worship him, but I personally look up to him, bar the drugs.

It's a shame that everyone claims he seeks the media attention because if you read the interviews you'll find he never set out to be famous, he doesn't want to be in the papers all the time. If he gets over the drugs he is a legend. Many people on these forums take drugs but we don't judge them for it, the only difference is the press don't make us hate them.

Oh and the MTV blood thing was fake blood apparantley. If anyone wants a citation for that I'll have to find it mind. I'm not trying to defend every action he makes either. Drugs are a problem, just the guy underneath seems to be an amazing person.

Sorry to rant, but it's my first post :yes: :)
  • Options
    Not read all of this thread so forgive me but I heard a rumour The Libertines are reforming???
  • Options
    Hallo cascara :wave:

I think that there is no problem with banning Pete Docherty. He isn't suitable to be on kids TV. Would any one have a problem if the BBC rejected a kids presenter for being a heroine addict. And kids dont just listen to Take that. The first song I remember loving was born slippy, must have been about seven when that came out. And if thats not 'drug related' music, I dont know what is.

I do think that these sorts of people have an influence on children's culture. And although a lot of children have a sensible head on their shoulders, flaunting a rich, successful druggie with a hot girlfriend is not the best idea.
  • Options
    God i hope so!

actually i like babyshambles quite a lot

Pete and Carl played together at a Pete solo gig the other week.

Either way it's good they're performing together again
  • Options
    Er... very old thread.
  • Options
    Er... very true. but new comments
  • Options
    Cascara wrote: »
    Please don't cut me down for defending him; this is only my opinion.

Why do people say that? :confused:
  • Options
    Because of the diatribe frequently aimed at posters by regular members of the P&D boards? Which, let's be fair, is far from conducive to a reasoned debate where people exchange ideas and actually learn something.
  • Options
    Ah, fuck off Hanger, you doofus.

:p
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Why do people say that? :confused:

I wonder :chin:
  • Options
    He couldn't even be trusted to turn up sober at the Live 8 thing, appearing on stage absolutely fucked and barely able to sing (well, more so than usual). You really want him on kids TV doing the same, acting like a drunken junkie fuck with all the kids watching?

This Pete Doherty can count himself lucky he's not the Pete Doherty in the universe where I stab Pete Doherty repeatedly.
  • Options
    Because of the diatribe frequently aimed at posters by regular members of the P&D boards? Which, let's be fair, is far from conducive to a reasoned debate where people exchange ideas and actually learn something.

Errrr...