Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mood making music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I want a playlist of music that will get us in the mood. Preferably nothing with the word love in it, and nowt cheesy like barry white etc.
So far I have Sigur Ros, Royksopp, Hot Chip, the Guillemots, Madeleine Peyroux, Imogen Heap, Magnetic Fields (underwear :D), the devics, and Beirut. A little depressing me thinks.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kool and the gang
    talia wrote: »
    Right, I want a playlist of music that will get us in the mood. Preferably nothing with the word love in it, and nowt cheesy like barry white etc.
    So far I have Sigur Ros, Royksopp, Hot Chip, the Guillemots, Madeleine Peyroux, Imogen Heap, Magnetic Fields (underwear :D), the devics, and Beirut. A little depressing me thinks.

Any other suggestions?

Oooh can you share your playlist? Not that I wanna have sex to the same music or nowt but uhh my boyfriend was making a 'romantic' cd and he loves the magnetic fields.
    Sure thingy..

Hun Jord - Sigur ros
    Something by Birgonzi (classical)
    Black Swan - Thom Yorke
    What else is there - Royksopp
    Arctic Circle - Royksopp
    Somedays - Regina Spektor
    Bend to squares - Postal service
    Underwear - Magnetic fields
    Jai deux amours - Madeleine peyroux
    La vie en rose - Ditto
    Brush on silk - John williams
    colours - hotchip
    come away with me - guillemots
    just one breath - devics
    postcards from italy - beirut

eeeeek its all really depressing! Give me something kooky about girls in their underwear or kissing or something!!!
    LCD Soundsystem
    Daft Punk
    Felix Da Housecat
    WASP - Fuck Like An Animal
    Slayer - Raining Blood
    Pantera - Domination

Never fails with me :thumb:
    ok well im not so sure she'd be into slayer... maybe something more like royksopp or magnetic fields?
    Fischerspooner?
    i'd recommend some Boards of Canada or maybe Tortoise.
    Groove Armada - At The River
    Cheers me dears. Though I couldnt find a band called tortoise?

Keep em coming ;)
    Closer - Nine Inch Nails

Good God, that song was made to fuck to.
    Bright Eyes- Pull my Hair
    Wilco- Say you miss me
    Imogen Heap- Just for Now
    Kelis- Lil Star
    The Servants- Liquify
    Ben Kweller- Sundress
    Matchbox20- Push
    The Mountain Goats- colour in your cheeks
    The Mountain Goats- Jenny (until you realise it's about a motorbike..hehe)
    The Strokes- Whatever Happened

umm not sure they are all sexy but yeah :)
    Cheers me dears. Though I couldnt find a band called tortoise?

Keep em coming ;)

linkage
    Last FM wrote:
    Tortoise's almost entirely instrumental music defies easy categorization, and the group gained significant attention from their early career. The members have roots in Chicago's fertile music scene, playing in various indie rock and punk groups. Tortoise was among the first American indie rock bands to incorporate styles closer to krautrock, dub, minimalism, electronica and various jazz styles, rather than the standard rock and roll and punk that had dominated indie rock for years.
    Ooo electronica... minimalism... dub... sounds right up my street :D
    ok well im not so sure she'd be into slayer

NOT INTO SLAYER???

Anyone who isn't into Slayer isn't worth it love.
    Halloween wrote: »
    Closer - Nine Inch Nails

Good God, that song was made to fuck to.

It's not often that my gettin' it on music is the same as other people's (not that I discuss it frequently, obviously!) but that is the ultimate sex song. Brava! :thumb: Sanctified works, too, but Closer is the real deal.

In terms of personal favourites, I'd like to throw in Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused" into the ring. That low, sexy, thumping intro it never fails. The part where the drums kick in is the closest thing I have heard to a musical orgasm. It does mention "love" though, I s'pose...

Generally I go for a Leonard Cohen-soundtrack. Especially "I'm Your Man" which is a bit like the grand high witch of sexy songs. The problem I have with it being that his voice is so perfect it makes me want to have sex with him rather than with whomever's actually there. But yeah, who could possibly listen to "...going down so deep the mountains gonna weep, and the rivers gonna shout AMEN!" and not, I dunno, wanna fuck right there and then. This song is how my fella sealed the deal, I would say.

Goldfrapp completely dominates this thread. It's possibly a bit unimaginative - along with the Cocteau Twins, Air and a fair whack of Portishead's back catalogue - but that doesn't make it wrong, or unsexy. Prince, some Depeche Mode, some Springsteen, Riders on the Storm by The Doors...

Thievery Corporation might suit your particular purposes, talia. They're great, and do some pretty sexy stuff.

I've encountered some weird sex music in my time, it has to be said. Notably the gentleman who thought The Time of the Season by The Zombies was perfect mood music. Personally I couldn't get past the 'who's your daddy?' part which was a bit of a turn-off but otherwise I guess it's... different. A+ for effort! Elton John featuring Blue - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word was pretty bloody strange too, that was U for Unclassified, I'm afraid :D
    I want sex with Briggi just to listen to all the music that would be played ;)
    Addict wrote: »
    I want sex with Briggi just to listen to all the music that would be played ;)

Was just thinking that myself! Actually Himself asked for a threesome on saturday, I said no, but briggi for you...:wave:

Just bring your tunes!
    :lol:

Ok you're both on for a musical orgy then!

Music must truly be the food of love (or drunken groping as the case more often is) though. Manys-a-time I've staggered back from a club with some hideous troll and been far more interested in their CD collection than in them. You'd think if you thought you had ANY chance of getting lucky you'd hide you copy of Elton's greatest hits behind the wardrobe :razz:
    sod all that RnB cheese, get some Trip-Hop.
    John Legend/ Groove Armada/ Prodigy are my favourite soundtracks! Oooh, and the cruel intentions soundtrack. Tis niiice!
    Yeah the Cruel Intentions soundtrack is brilliant! Love Skunk Anasie!
    chan-chan wrote: »
    Yeah the Cruel Intentions soundtrack is brilliant! Love Skunk Anasie!

My first tattoo was done by a guy called Gypsy Nation who claimed to have worked with Skunk Anansie- anyone know if that's true?
    handful of ecstasy then some hard trance :angel:
    well, for foreplay, i like to listen to "wicked game" by chris isaak and sometimes "take my breath away" from the top gun movie (sounds corny... but it works for me). after that, a 30min or 1hour of gregorian chant does the trick for me ^_^
    I love discussions like these...

A few of my personal favourites are Dissolved Girl by Massive Attack, Coma by Pendulum and Bjork and PJ Harvey's cover of Satisfaction. I don't know why, I just think they are all hot songs. Also, the Washing Up Tiga mix, New Young Pony Club, a Justice mix or two (because even though it all sounds the same, that bass is hot), Alter Ego- Erol Alkan's mix... NIN doesn't work for me, but the Aphex Twin mix does... Electro in general is good, especially dirty electro, um... Metric... TTC is good, Uffie is hilarious as is Barry White and the Bodyrockers mix with the girl singing in it. For the ultimate in big laughs go with DJ Funk or Necro (which oddly I actually do find sexual...). I think you get the basic idea- I like to fuck to electro and basslines and husky female voices...
    briggi wrote: »
    In terms of personal favourites, I'd like to throw in Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused" into the ring. That low, sexy, thumping intro it never fails. The part where the drums kick in is the closest thing I have heard to a musical orgasm.

Generally I go for a Leonard Cohen-soundtrack. Especially "I'm Your Man" which is a bit like the grand high witch of sexy songs.

:heart::yes:.

"The Lemon Song" is a good one, too :yes:. It gives me Zep-gasms XD.
    Mila wrote: »
    Coma by Pendulum

Really?
    I would find that a bit of a weird tune to have sex to...

I have listened to it while on drugs and completely lost myself... maybe that's why its called coma lol
    Weird tune though.
    Mila wrote: »
    I love discussions like these...

A few of my personal favourites are Dissolved Girl by Massive Attack, Coma by Pendulum and Bjork and PJ Harvey's cover of Satisfaction. I don't know why, I just think they are all hot songs. Also, the Washing Up Tiga mix, New Young Pony Club, a Justice mix or two (because even though it all sounds the same, that bass is hot), Alter Ego- Erol Alkan's mix... NIN doesn't work for me, but the Aphex Twin mix does... Electro in general is good, especially dirty electro, um... Metric... TTC is good, Uffie is hilarious as is Barry White and the Bodyrockers mix with the girl singing in it. For the ultimate in big laughs go with DJ Funk or Necro (which oddly I actually do find sexual...). I think you get the basic idea- I like to fuck to electro and basslines and husky female voices...

Ah, how did I forget Massive Attack? Mezzanine is one of my main sex albums. :naughty:
    I have a lot of erm, memories of songs with varies lads but cant really think of any mood making ones just ones that remind me of certain nights :)

but i listen to mainly dnb and thats not very romantic unless your buzzing in which case everything is lovey dovey but in a different way i guess