Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Haha, everything is organised via the internet today!!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Haha. A student arranged a bar crawl via facebook and its caused so much trouble :lol:

All students got this email:

"URGENT: SU President - Bar Crawl on Tues 24th April

Dear all,

It has been brought to my attention by the police that a small group of students have organised a bar crawl for the week commencing Monday 23rd April. I would like to remind students that UCLan does not condone binge drinking or bar crawls and the police have strong views on people who organise AND attend such events. We want to ensure that you have fun whilst you are here but also remain safe. I am asking you all to think twice before attending this bar crawl. If you are going to attend then please ensure that you drink safely and look after each other. It would be a great shame if somebody was to get hurt because they got carried away having fun. There are always consequences to your actions.

Thank you

Becks Fairclough
SU President"
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pfft
    I think that is pretty much every student's reaction!

I've just seen loads of them out! Haha.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    edit: ignore me I didnt read proper!
    No, the bar crawl is tonight. Its the week commencing Mon 23rd April :p

It just makes me laugh how they are trying to stop students going out and having a good time.

It just makes me laugh how they are trying to stop students going out and having a good time.

see my above post! :blush:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    What a load of boring bastards!

We ave em all the time.
    Aye so do we but you've gotta remember, our uni is much bigger than yours. We usually have ours organised through this site http://www.carnageuk.com/pages/whatis.php but you have to wear one of their t-shirts which costs money which is why students have arranged their own!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Aye so do we but you've gotta remember, our uni is much bigger than yours. We usually have ours organised through this site http://www.carnageuk.com/pages/whatis.php but you have to wear one of their t-shirts which costs money which is why students have arranged their own!
    So? :p
    oooh oooh we used to have carnage...never went though, they always coincided with other stuff :(
    And so, usually ours are organised in advance so clubs/bars are aware of it and get the staff they need in including bouncers and stuff. There is also alot of police about as our bar crawls do actually involve thousands of students and there is usually quite a few scum bags about who mug students. One student in the first year got stabbed :nervous:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

What? It doesn't sound like they're trying to stop them from going out or having fun. It's just advice.
    Unless you think that advising them not to drink so much that they can't walk is "stopping them from having a good time".
    I'm pretty sure we had university condoned bar crawls a few times a year thuogh :chin:

dressed in togas and with drinks offers and all! but I suppose it was under the guise of RAG :lol:
    i wouldn't really say that that's 'so much trouble'...
    I'm on about causing trouble because its concerning the police and the uni and they've gone to the effort of emailing all the students about it!
    by sending out an email telling people not to go, it's only going to double interest.

well done stupid student union :rolleyes:
    Haha, I know!

Thats what alot of students have been saying! If anything, its advertised the bar crawl to those who aren't a member of facebook!
    I think its funny that your SU president emailed that out. Our SU exec would probably be at the front of the queue to join in!
    Haha, I know!

Thats what alot of students have been saying! If anything, its advertised the bar crawl to those who aren't a member of facebook!
    but maybe thats what they wanted, SU president, Runs SU bar, you go to SU bar, more people go, more money made ;)
    Not really. The bar crawl didn't involve the SU.
    Replicant wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we had university condoned bar crawls a few times a year thuogh :chin:

dressed in togas and with drinks offers and all! but I suppose it was under the guise of RAG :lol:

RAG, Fresher's week and all other activities that liberal do-gooders get up to. For fuck's sake, the Bristol Union had to tempt people to come to the AGM with cheap drink offers.

Still didn't work as I personally think student politics is the biggest load of wank in the world. Nothing ever gets done, will ever get done and the people who do it are only doing it for their CV.