Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I feel so poorly!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry just need a general rant and some advice.

I have a mountain of uni work to do by tomoorow and im suffering with a banging headache, still neck and aching body. Im sat wearing sun glasses to type my work out as the light is hurting my eyes and making my head worse. Any ideas what I can take to get rid of the headache and body aches. ive had a sleep that didnt help, im allergic to ibroprofen and co-codimal so any other suggestions would be great.

thanks
em

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aspirin, a square meal, plenty of water or squash, a good brush of the teeth and a quick get up stretch and walk at least every hour and an open window might get you through.
    Aspirin, a square meal, plenty of water or squash, a good brush of the teeth and a quick get up stretch and walk at least every hour and an open window might get you through.

Or paracetamol.
    Just a query - have you been checked out at the doctors?

Stiff neck / aches
    Headache
    Sensitivity to light

all symptoms of Meningitis...

Probably nothing of the sort, but if you are still feeing unwell I would go and get checked out.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Or paracetamol.

Ya parcetamol and a good sleep will be great. I used to have this type of headache when I was at uni too. In my case, it was because I left everything to be done at the last moment.
    Splodgey wrote: »
    Just a query - have you been checked out at the doctors?

Stiff neck / aches
    Headache
    Sensitivity to light

all symptoms of Meningitis...

Probably nothing of the sort, but if you are still feeing unwell I would go and get checked out.

no i havent been checked out, still feeling rough today but no where near as bad so gonna leave it for now to see how i feel in the morning.
    Aspirin is not advisedif ibuprofen cannot be tolerated-same class of drugs. Stick with paracetamol