Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Office '07

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else hate this? Is there a hidden button somewhere to revert everything back to office 03?

It automagically changes all the line spacing options and everything, which make it nigh on impossible to do a cv without changing them all back to normal stuffs.

Much prefer '03 but want the latest and greatest so will have to get the hang of it. Ribbon is shit, I defined my own style sets before and could use them easily, now it's just, gah.

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Yup i installed it for like 5 mins, then i put '03 back on. Shows how much i like it
  • Options
    I take it Office 07 isn't worth buying ?

I was thinking about it, my version of office is really old and needs updating. Office 07 looked really good in all the promos?

It must have some redeeming features?

:thumb:
  • Options
    If you've never used office before it might be easier to pick up.

If you use office a lot and have considerable experience with the caveats and using macros etc. then you will think 'where the hell have all the options gone'. It's replaced with a 'ribbon' to define the style of a document and things like that.
  • Options
    I installed Office 07 about 3 months back but have yet to open a single document in it so I dont know if its any good ;<
  • Options
    I just keep getting frustrated trying to do a CV and closing it. Need a guide or something.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I take it Office 07 isn't worth buying ?

I was thinking about it, my version of office is really old and needs updating. Office 07 looked really good in all the promos?

It must have some redeeming features?

:thumb:

If you want to buy it then at least take the time to download and test Open Office 2

http://www.openoffice.org/product/

I've got 1.7 GHz Laptop with 2GB of RAM, 2MB of 2nd Level Cache and 128MB set aside for the graphics card and it can struggle at times on Word 2007 - the program is badly written on purpose to encourage people to upgrade to faster and faster PC's for no reason apart from it helps generate new business. I mainly use Word to take screenshots and write data of online purchases and it does auto rotate the pages for me, but then again can't fid how to turn that feature off.
  • Options
    Wow you got there before me! I was trying to do some work on it earlier but the menu at the top is just so confusing compared to 03. I can't even find the bloody options tab.. theres no normal menu!!

Chances are ill end up back on 03 sometime soon...
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    It automagically changes all the line spacing options and everything, which make it nigh on impossible to do a cv without changing them all back to normal stuffs.

Unfortunately the "Normal" style has a spacing issue - but the option "No Spacing" takes it back to what one would expect in `03.

I use it here, and I have to say I found it a little strange initially, but after having a look around - it's not too foul.
  • Options
    Yea I found that. I don't know, I just didn't see how it made it easier to use. You can use it after you've got used to it, but it's still inferior to 03 in my opinion.
  • Options
    It's still Office '97 for me.

To be fair, if I want something fancy in a document, I'll knock something up in Paintshop Pro. Of course, the Jasc version before it became Corel :-)
  • Options
    i love office 2007
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I don't think there's a magic button to get it back to 2003. However, page layout and line-spacing defaults can be set.

Go to the page layout ribbon then click on the little arrow pointing down-right. This will bring up the paragraph dialog box. (There's an attachment showing what I mean)

The same applies for the other dialog boxes that you're used to.