Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Both virginities ;)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from previous thread, when did you lose your 'other virginity', and which one first? Which did you count as being your 'real' virginity? (if it was one over the other)

I first slept with a man at 18 about 3 months ago. Cue a month of curiosity driven sex. Very hot men, but I only slept with them to see what it was like, and they most likely only slept with me because I was an innocent wee bisexual thing.

And a woman, last week. Ha, no comparisons there.

I never really considered sleeping with a guy important, so I'd say I really only lost my virginity last week. I mean poking a winkie in a hole cant count can it?

Comments

• Options
    I have, and NEVER will, lose my 'other vaginity'. I saw a vagina in a book once and i wasn't impressed :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I have, and NEVER will, lose my 'other vaginity'. I saw a vagina in a book once and i wasn't impressed :D

NOTHING's uglier than a hairy ball sack.
  • Options
    Haha fuck, rubberskin, I've been reading your posts for yonks, and I always thought you were a girl. Sorry babes. And have fun with the boys ;)
  • Options
    NOTHING's uglier than a hairy ball sack.

I quite agree, je suis Monsieur Trimmed :D
  • Options
    I doubt I'll ever lose my "conventional" virginity.

My girlfriend and I keep discussing what constitutes virginity with girls. She insists penetration has to be involved, but I think that's heterosexist bullshit. Maybe I'm just your average dykey feminist...

Either way... I guess it was about 3 weeks ago. How innocent.
  • Options
    I walked home one drunken night, ended up sucking a guy off against the door of my block of flats.

As you do.

It was when I was 19/20 during my confused stage.
  • Options
    Woof, thats liberal brinamite. Are you unconfused now?

And nah, I dont think it has to involve penetration. I'd say whatever felt like losing your virginity is losing your virginity. And boys dont count.

Definitely true about hairy ball sacks. I cant remember why I agreed to men. Bleh, women are really the more beautiful sex. Big up lesbianism :hyper:
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    Woof, thats liberal brinamite. Are you unconfused now?

Yeah, fairly soon after that I realised I wasn't gay/bi. It's the sort of thing that happens though, not something to go bragging about but then it's nothing worth being ashamed of or denying either.

People at work were cunts about it once it got out though - "Ooooh, how many straight guys do you know who suck guys off?" and all that shit.
  • Options
    Ha respect for not freaking out about it. You might as well try before you buy and all that. Well that was my attitude. Dont regret it at all, but it didnt mean anything to me. Now I can get stuck in to the girlies.

Hmm not sure if I mean that literally or not.
  • Options
    My laydeee virginity is resolutely intact :angel:
  • Options
    Wait... there's two now? What the hell is going on?
  • Options
    'other virginity'.. are you unable to say anal sex or something?!
  • Options
    I haven't lost my other virginity and it remains that way and don't start with "awww, you don't know what you are missing"-crap...

only swing in one direction.
  • Options
    havent lost my "other virginity"....dont think i want to, im quite happy to just kiss the boys and fool around. a cock up my bum is a bit far for me right now. lol.

one day maybe....lol
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I doubt I'll ever lose my "conventional" virginity.

My girlfriend and I keep discussing what constitutes virginity with girls. She insists penetration has to be involved, but I think that's heterosexist bullshit. Maybe I'm just your average dykey feminist...

Either way... I guess it was about 3 weeks ago. How innocent.
    A technical dictionary term for virginity is penetration with a penis (no that wasn't meant to be patronising!!). I'm suprised a term hasn't been made for gays when they lose their virginity, you should make one up!
  • Options
    There are two virginities - one for sleeping with a girl, and one for sleeping with a guy.

And yeh well penis, schmenis, I'd say going down on someone was a lot more intimate that a poke in the privates.

Any suggestions for a name for gay virginity. Gayginity? Someone think of something better. Should there be one for girls and one for boys? They are slightly different acts.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    People at work were cunts about it once it got out though - "Ooooh, how many straight guys do you know who suck guys off?" and all that shit.

Well, it just shows how silly they are (why did they upgrade 'a guy' to 'guys'?) and (probably) wish that they had the guts to try the same. ;)
  • Options
    viginity - 16 I think
  • Options
    virginity when i was 15
    "gayginity" as shyboy has stated about a year ago
  • Options
    I haven't. Who knows it could happen soon. I keep reading books where the main character is gay. First it was The Color Purple now just finished Oranges are Not the Only Fruit. Whoo knows.
  • Options
    Ooo I like Jeanette Winterson. Have to say, I thought that book was her worst. Bit Muriel Spark for my liking. But the rest of her writing. Is like opal fruits for the mind :)
  • Options
    I'll have to read more books by her! Is there any book in particular by her that you'd reccomend? I've gone on a bit of a book binge recently :hyper:
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    A technical dictionary term for virginity is penetration with a penis (no that wasn't meant to be patronising!!). I'm suprised a term hasn't been made for gays when they lose their virginity, you should make one up!

The original definition of a virgin was a young girl. Then it came to mean any girl with the hymen still intact. Then it was adapted ever so slightly to mean any person who had not yet had sexual intercourse.

The meaning of words change all the time (how long ago was it that the predominant meaning of the word "gay" was joyous?); now the predominant meaning of the word virgin (maybe not in the dictionary yet, but certainly in the minds of the people), is someone who hasn't had sex... and since "sex" means different things to different people, we all sort of have our own, personal view on what it takes to loose your virginity. To some people that might mean full penetration, to others, it could be something completely different.

As for my gayginity... still intact, and I'm not planning on loosing it... but who knows, maybe someday.
  • Options
    Yip yip, language is completely subjective - exactly what we make it.

And my favourite book by her is the Lighthouse Keeper. Sexing the cherry is also good. I love the fairytale element to her books... Happy reading :wave:
  • Options
    Hmm interesting conversation.

My friend had a one night stand and a quick poke but always say she feels she lost her virginity to her previous boyfriend even though they didn't have penetrative sex.

I was nearly 16 but I was never really intimate with him, he was my first crush (thought I was in love at the time) but it was very, erm, mechanical.
    I guess that still counts though

As for the other-ginity, haven't
  • Options
    I lost my virginity at 15. Never lost my girl-virginity, and not really planning on doing so either tbh.
  • Options
    Well i'd say, for lesbians, whatever you feel is right. For me, it was when a girl went down on me for the first time. Beats boys hands down.
  • Options
    I think this 'two virginities' thing is rubbish.

It's when you first have sex - whether penetrative for hetero, or oral/however close you can get to 'full sex' is for Lesbian.
  • Options
    Well I thought that until I had sex with a man. Three different ones in fact. It didnt mean anything to me, and I still felt like I was 'saving myself' for a woman. I dont know why, but it just didnt feel like I had lost my real virginity.
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    Well I thought that until I had sex with a man. Three different ones in fact. It didnt mean anything to me, and I still felt like I was 'saving myself' for a woman. I dont know why, but it just didnt feel like I had lost my real virginity.

Yeah, but you had. Most sex I have doesn't mean anything to me, just a bit of fun.

Glad you found what suits you better though :)