Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help with title for my essay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Half way through my essay and I still don't have a firm title for it yet. Its about the Byronic Hero and I study the characters of Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights and Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre within the essay as examples. My head is totally blah and I can't form sentences at the moment so anyone who can come up with a title? The help would really be appreciated. I'm not a retard honest.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heathcliff vs. Rochester, the ultimate showdown

or

an examination of Mr Heathcliff and Mr Rochester as examples of Byronic heroes

or

the Byronic hero, and examples thereof

I dunno, I'm no litereturist :)
    I like the 2nd one! But I think I'd have to include the titles of the books. Hmmm
    depends how much you assume your reader knows, although it'd still be alright to stick in the book names I reckon :)

"an examination of Mr Heathcliff of Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights, and Mr Rochester of Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre, as examples of Byronic heroes"

or perhaps:

"the Byronic hero; examining Mr Heathcliff of Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights, and Mr Rochester of Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre"

it'd be better if it were just the surnames, but they're both the same so that's not very helpful :p

still, given the classic nature of the books, and the fact you'll be saying where the characters are from in your abstract / introduction, I dont think not including the book titles will be such a problem.
    Ooh I like the 2nd one.

How do you think this sounds?

Examining the Byronic Hero in relation to the characters of Mr Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

or

Examining the Character of the Byronic Hero in Relation to 19th Century Literature: Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

Hmmmmmm! It shouldn't be this difficult.
    "The marvellous adventures of Heathcliff and Mr Rochester and their slightly odd ways to talk about the political situation of the ex sovjet union while intoxicated."
    Rachael wrote: »
    Ooh I like the 2nd one.

How do you think this sounds?

Examining the Byronic Hero in relation to the characters of Mr Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

or

Examining the Character of the Byronic Hero in Relation to 19th Century Literature: Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

Hmmmmmm! It shouldn't be this difficult.

:) you probably dont get any more marks for having a great title!

not sure you necessarily need the 19th century literature bit in there, given that (from what I've gleaned from skimming wikipedia) the byronic hero is inherently a 19th century literature characteristic in the first place. but then, I know nothing of these things!

go for the second one and stop worrying about it :)
    Haha okay I'll shut up now and just type it. Thanks very much tho!
    Byronic man sounds like some sort of dashing 18th century Manga hero.
    Byronic Thunderdome: Two heroes enter, one man leaves!

The Brontes' Byronic Heroes: An examination of Heathcliff and Rochester.

Heathcliff vs Rochester: Whoever wins, we lose.

Byron's impact on the literary heroes of the Bronte sisters.

A study of the Byronic Heroes in the work of the Brontes.

Oh the Byrony! Rochester & Heathcliff.

Just a little too Byronic, don't cha think? A study of the Byronic figure in classical romantic literature.
    Haha I love Oh the Byrony!

But : The Brontes' Byronic Heroes: An examination of Heathcliff and Rochester is perfect! Thankyou
    Idiocracy wrote: »
    Byronic Thunderdome: Two heroes enter, one man leaves!

The Brontes' Byronic Heroes: An examination of Heathcliff and Rochester.

Heathcliff vs Rochester: Whoever wins, we lose.

Byron's impact on the literary heroes of the Bronte sisters.

A study of the Byronic Heroes in the work of the Brontes.

Oh the Byrony! Rochester & Heathcliff.

Just a little too Byronic, don't cha think? A study of the Byronic figure in classical romantic literature.

LOL!

dude, i saw idiocracy the other day. Did not think anyone except would know this flick. pretty awesome stuff :D

"if you got one bucket of 2 gallons and one bucket of 5 gallons, how many buckets do you have?"

i laughed,... hard.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    LOL!

dude, i saw idiocracy the other day. Did not think anyone except would know this flick. pretty awesome stuff :D

"if you got one bucket of 2 gallons and one bucket of 5 gallons, how many buckets do you have?"

i laughed,... hard.

U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d-d. With two 'd's, for a double dose of pimpin'.
    Idiocracy wrote: »
    U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d-d. With two 'd's, for a double dose of pimpin'.

lol,... and the slideshow images of the military colonel who's pimping too.
    that movie had it's moments, jesus...
    I final fucking leeeee finishing it. Gawd. 4500 words at 15 pages long. I never want to look at this ever again.
    Rachael wrote: »
    I final fucking leeeee finishing it. Gawd. 4500 words at 15 pages long. I never want to look at this ever again.

I could never ever study literature, regardless of language.
    you are a brave woman.

I rather cauterize my fingers off, before writing 4,5k words for a single 'homework'. Not even my diploma is going to be that long (i hope).
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I could never ever study literature, regardless of language.
    you are a brave woman.

I rather cauterize my fingers off, before writing 4,5k words for a single 'homework'. Not even my diploma is going to be that long (i hope).

and you study chemistry :p
    as a chemist you'll still have to do a pretty big literature review for your dissertation type thing (if you have one) :p
    Replicant wrote: »
    as a chemist you'll still have to do a pretty big literature review for your dissertation type thing (if you have one) :p

yeah... once, one single time.

Not writing essay after essay, biweekly.

chemistry would have been my death long ago if I wouldn't go out on weekdays and spend most of my leisure time in the sun, playing beachvolleyball etc. :( *sigh*
    I love literature, I want to read your essay now but I'm sure you won't let me :razz: I find Heathcliff especially fascinating but I suppose the fascination might fade if I had to write a big, fat essay on him. Byron himself is... interesting.

I hope you used "Oh, the Byrony!" or "Isn't it Byronic..." :lol:
    You know, your pain threshold as far as word counts go just keeps going up and up the longer you're in uni. I've written (so far) 8500 words for just one section of analysis, and could probably write another couple of thousand without even thinking about it... :(
    briggi wrote: »
    I love literature, I want to read your essay now but I'm sure you won't let me :razz: I find Heathcliff especially fascinating but I suppose the fascination might fade if I had to write a big, fat essay on him. Byron himself is... interesting.

I hope you used "Oh, the Byrony!" or "Isn't it Byronic..." :lol:

I don't mind sending it to you but it really isn't that good and there are plenty of mistakes. :blush: Didnt use the 'Oh Byrony' yet but I have to do a presentation in front of my class so I think I will use it then :D

So happy it's done. Another girl in my class just sent out a bulletin saying she is in solitary confinement and everything is starting to look like the matrix. I know how she feels!