Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Door Supervisor

smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
Been interested in getting my license so i can be on the door in a club for some extra money. My local college has a four day course to provide the knowledge and understanding of working on a door, however this is not the certificate i have heard of for this type of job. I was also under the impression you had to renew your certificate every 5 years, this one you don't.

This course also allows me to work in security, when i thought that was a whole different course. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    SIA course?

If your confused I'd try gettintg in touch with some one who employs people in the field you're thinking of working in and finding out what qualifications you need.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    SIA is the one i have heard of thats needs to be refreshed every 5 years i think.

This one is just a national certificate and claims its recognised throughout to license you for that sort of work.

maybe i should phone up a company and ask if they accept that certificate
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My understanding was that for almost everything you now need SIA.

I'd call a few people and find out if it's enough for what you want to do before booking onto the course.