Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

one night nearly-stand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
met someone friday night who was fit funny and my type. i stayed at his but didn't have sex with him although i usually would have done ...

i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, what do lads generally think of girls who don't shag them on the night they meet them ?

and girls, have you ever been in the same situation

my heads a bit mushy right now hopefuly i wont see him again .. i crept out before he woke up but in my rush to leave left my necklace which i guess i will live without it.

Comments

• Options
    met someone friday night who was fit funny and my type.
    hopefuly i wont see him again ...
    eh?
  • Options
    met someone friday night who was fit funny and my type. i stayed at his but didn't have sex with him although i usually would have done ...

i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, what do lads generally think of girls who don't shag them on the night they meet them ?

and girls, have you ever been in the same situation

my heads a bit mushy right now hopefuly i wont see him again .. i crept out before he woke up but in my rush to leave left my necklace which i guess i will live without it.

Sounds a bit odd....like a one night stand situation, but without the sex!! If you hope you won't see him again, why are you worried what he thought about you by either sleeping/not sleeping with him??
  • Options
    you have a good point .. i don't know why i'm worrying but i guess i'm just wandering what boys in general think of girls who don't sleep with them straight away

it was a weird situation never been in it before just fancied hearing some other peoples points on it
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    eh?

not quite sure why i dont want to see him again really ..
  • Options
    So how does that work? He invites you back for a coffee and you take up the offer literally? Wasn't he a bit miffed?
  • Options
    i think its possibly a good thing u didnt sleep with him. Of course i dont know cos i wasnt there, but it seems if all he wanted to do was get into your knickers then he wuda done it (or at least tried hard to!), but he didnt so maybe he likes you? If you think it could work then maybe go back for your necklace and see how he is when he sees you. If he seems glad to see you then get his number of something, if not then dont! and at least youll have your necklace back (assuming hes found it!)
  • Options
    dunno why i always have the feeling you need to tell us you have a lot of sex...
    I might be paranoid.
  • Options
    what do lads generally think of girls who don't shag them on the night they meet them ?

Personally I respect them, more because it makes me think that they have respect for themselves.

If I'm not worth a second date then I'm not worth screwing either - unless that was her intention from the start.

Must admit that I have never had a one-night stand and I'm proud of that fact.
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't have thought he would have had a problem with the lack of sex, however the sneaking out before he has woken up may make him feel a little disheartened!

The fact that you enjoyed each others company without the need to have sex so quickly is a good sign... however you have kinda put the kibosh on anything meaningful coming from it by running out on him!

Unless he ends up doing a Prince Charming thingymebob and comes to look for the woman who owns the beautiful necklace :D
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't have thought he would have had a problem with the lack of sex, however the sneaking out before he has woken up may make him feel a little disheartened!

The fact that you enjoyed each others company without the need to have sex so quickly is a good sign... however you have kinda put the kibosh on anything meaningful coming from it by running out on him!

Unless he ends up doing a Prince Charming thingymebob and comes to look for the woman who owns the beautiful necklace :D

In this day and age it would be more creepy than romantic :p guys can't win! I was watching a disney film the other day (Ariel or whatever) and thought the world needs more love. But if you say to someone you love them they think you're a freak!
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    In this day and age it would be more creepy than romantic :p guys can't win! I was watching a disney film the other day (Ariel or whatever) and thought the world needs more love. But if you say to someone you love them they think you're a freak!

Having seen Dirty Dancing in the West End last week, my friend and I decided that the world needs more dancing... it used to be completely normal for guys and gals to meet at a dance where people actually danced together old stylee... rather than just got off their tits and wobbled a bit.

Seeing everyone's reaction to Johnny and Baby dancing, it was evidently clear that dancing was most definately a turn on for many women...

:D
  • Options
    Personally, although I may have been a bit pissed off that I didn't get laid...I would have alot more respect for you and would maybe even consider a relationship with you, if we got on really well.

If you'd have slept with me on the first night, yeah I would have enjoyed it and wouldn't mind having a bit more action, but I wouldn't take it any further.

It depends what you want with boys and what you want them to think about you. Do you want them to actually fall for you, or do you want them to think of you as someone they like to fuck?
  • Options
    Like many have said, respect is what you gain, that should be obvious, you should be proud of yourself not worrying.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Personally, although I may have been a bit pissed off that I didn't get laid...I would have alot more respect for you and would maybe even consider a relationship with you, if we got on really well.

If you'd have slept with me on the first night, yeah I would have enjoyed it and wouldn't mind having a bit more action, but I wouldn't take it any further.
    :yes: I agree with all of this :thumb:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    :yes: I agree with all of this :thumb:

:lol: no respect gained for you the other night then :p
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    :lol: no respect gained for you the other night then :p
    I'm a guy, it doesnt count, double standards n all that :p

...*hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    I've been in the situation when I've had a girl come back to mine and not slept with them twice. I just couldnt go through with it because i didnt want to lose my virginity to a one nighter.
  • Options

...*hangs head in shame*

Yeah yeah, stop trying to justify your shameful actions.
  • Options
    Incidentally, why didn't you shag him?

I'm not finger pointing or anything, just curious to know why.
  • Options
    To be absolutely honest, respect doesn't really come into it for me because I don't think respect is really related to how quickly a girl would or wouldn't sleep with me.

If I've gone home/back to a girls house, most of the time we'll just sleep in the same bed and cuddle. Usually cause all I want to do after a night out is sleep, and it's a shit feeling the next morning if either of you regrets it.

If it happens it happens though, but if he loses respect for you because you didn't shag him then he wouldn't have been worth it anyway.
  • Options

...*hangs head in shame*

Thats harsh but so true ..

If a guy refused to sex to a girl she would just appear to be desperate and feel unloved
  • Options
    Incidentally, why didn't you shag him?

I'm not finger pointing or anything, just curious to know why.

I reeeally don't know .. it doesn't make any sense something just stopped me and it wasnt like i don't like sex or anything i just didn't want to fuck him even though we did other stuff .. i dunno its weird .. not like me at all
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's the first time I hear of someone being ashamed for NOT having a one-night-stand :chin:
  • Options
    That's the first time I hear of someone being ashamed for NOT having a one-night-stand :chin:

Not ashamed just a bit confused cos normally i throw ''caution to the wind'' and just go with it but this time i didn't thats all.

and i was just wandering what guys thought of girls who didn't have sex straight away thats all
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »

Haha, that probably wouldn't work too well

Guy: "Hello, are you the beautiful owner of this necklace?

Girl: *FREE NECKLACE!* "Why yes i am!" *takes necklace*

Haha, You should go see him again , hes probably feeling a little down that you just ran off without even saying goodbye at least , or calling him!

Drop by and see how he is!