Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anti Rape Condom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Didnt really know where to post this, if this isnt the right forum then Im sure someone will be along to move it.

Anyway Rapex is a plastic implement which sits inside the vagina and shoots hooked barbs into anything inserted into it.
Can you imagine it accidently going off inside you :shocking:

The FAQ's are worth a read too.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Glittery wrote: »
    Didnt really know where to post this, if this isnt the right forum then Im sure someone will be along to move it.

Anyway Rapex is a plastic implement which sits inside the vagina and shoots hooked barbs into anything inserted into it.
    Can you imagine it accidently going off inside you :shocking:

The FAQ's are worth a read too.

:eek2:

Just that. Just.... :eek2:
    Fuck, they cant be serious :eek2:
    the website doesnt really tell you how it works though
    Jeeeeeesus.
    a false sense of security if you ask me, and also women might start getting blamed for not wearing one and therefore not trying hard enought o prevent their rape. i think the time, money and energy would be better spent int=venting a satelite dart that fires straight into the heart of a rapest.
    It'd be interesting to see if a woman being raped whilst wearing this would be accused of assult afterwards or not...

ETA: This is rather worrying..
    When did the idea occur to you?
    First in 1969, with my first rape victim, but nothing could be done then, as the technology was not that advanced and there were no 'smart latex products'.
    that is just odd
    I quite like the Q; Can it cause lasting damage to the rapist?
    A; not if he seeks medical help immediately.

I'd like to hear the excuses, but as its been said, it will probably all backfire on the women. If a man rapes a woman, he deserves to have his willy pricked or whatever it does.
    I don't like the idea of this. It assumes there is no harm caused until the rapist inserts his penis into the vagina. That's not true.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of this. It assumes there is no harm caused until the rapist inserts his penis into the vagina. That's not true.

:yes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Who said that? I don't think it assumes anything like that. It's just an automatic punishment.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea to me to be honest. Just as soon that no one forgets to take it out when they do want sex...
    Then again, once rapists learn of this, they'll probably notice and take it out themselves. I doubt it requires a password for removal. So it will end up being pretty useless.
    It does seem a bit :eek2:

It is being developed in South Africa where apparently one in three SA women will be raped in their lifetime, so I suppose if it prevents even one rape then it can only be a good thing.
    I think it would be better if it had the crocodile effect....
    I don't really know what to think about this. Like someone said, could this lead to assault prosecutions against women ? Anyone remember the wallet with fishhooks in it ?

Also, i'd be a tad wary that this device could enrage said rapist and lead to something worse.
    yeah cos you really want to piss off the person that already wants to hurt you.
    Hes hardly gonna say "ow, well thats taught me a lesson, im scarpering" hed fucking kill the woman most likely.
    yeah cos you really want to piss off the person that already wants to hurt you.
    Hes hardly gonna say "ow, well thats taught me a lesson, im scarpering" hed fucking kill the woman most likely.

Agreed.

I don't understand how this will work. Like others have said, it coul possibly lead to the man doing something much worse to the woman.
    well if the thing is big enough for a dick to fit in then that will mean your vagina is permanently stretched to that size whilst you're wearing it!

That statistic earlier that 1 in 3 women in South Africa get raped is disgusting and shocking :(

I completely agree. It doesn't act as a preventative measure, as by the time it has had time to work, the woman has already been raped. And I can't see it being used enough to be seriously considered preventative by men who want to rape someone. The only way I can see it being useful is in terms of convictions for rape, but that doesn't mean there will be less women being raped.
    Wouldnt the man just take it out anyway and then hurt her even more.
    Erm, aren't barbed hooks designed to keep something in place? What's the idea behind that then? So she can drag him down to the station and say "look what he's done?"
    Looks a bit dodgey tbh, but then again you can kill a man by crushing his nades so they might be onto something. As far as the barbs go they say the idea is so that whe nthe rapist withdraws the device goes with him and the woman makes her escape I guess. Thats the plan anyways.........

Can't help but feel these things could be used irresponsibly though if they were easy to get hold of.
    Okay, isnt this sorta illegal? i mean couldnt a girl just wear it to hurt a bloke she didnt like? i mean up all up for rape defense, but why not a pepper spray or a tazer or somkething
    Who said that? I don't think it assumes anything like that. It's just an automatic punishment.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea to me to be honest. Just as soon that no one forgets to take it out when they do want sex...
    Then again, once rapists learn of this, they'll probably notice and take it out themselves. I doubt it requires a password for removal. So it will end up being pretty useless.

Without being too graphic - surely this would just encourage more anal rape, rather than a rapist trying to remove something.
    Yeah, and to be honest, if i rapeist was to come into contact with such thing (probably being a violent disturbed person anyway) they would probably be pretty angry and just beat the shit out of the woman...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    All these points are good. I'm convinced.
    Is that latin for false teeth :D
    you'd have to be paranoid to use one though on the off chance that you're raped :eek2:
    Jim V wrote: »
    Without being too graphic - surely this would just encourage more anal rape, rather than a rapist trying to remove something.

I thought that too
    Under FAQ I found this answer a bit confusing.
    [URL="javascript:void(0)"]What if I am asleep and someone enters my house and tries to rape me?[/URL] Golden rule... keep the device right next to you. Remember it is very easy to insert, and very quick too.

How does that work? when the 1st the woman knows about him going to rape her he'll be most likey to be on top of her will the woman have to say "excuse me but before you rape me please let me insert this"