Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's the longest...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you've gone without sleep (non drug induced), and was it on purpose? I lost my sleep-mode, and I want it back!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    about 3 days
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    36 or 37 hours recently.

Have once done about 48 hours during one summer but some alcohol was involved.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't remember exactly, but it was more than 24 hours and less than 48.
    About a day and a half.
    Jim V wrote: »
    about 3 days

Yeah, about the same here. Was hating every second by the end of it.

I often do, say, Friday morning thru Sunday morning... Any more and it's just pointless though.
    I once went without sleep for 45 hours while at uni - I lived on coffee, pizza and chocolate then got a erm... bollocking from my course tutor as I was on a practical course which included working at heights, with heavy machinery & explosives :blush: I went home, slept for 2 hours and went back to spend time in the bar with mates :o
    Eh, 32 hours or something without drugs. No reason to stay awake without drugs, and they're easily available for when I do need to.
    I'd say about 36 last summer, got the bus back up from London after a big delay, and the heating was broke and I had a big Norwegian girl sitting next to me talking absolute shit all the way to Glasgow, including the half hour stop at Preston services.

Then I had work the next morning at 9am. That was fun.
    Jim V wrote: »
    about 3 days

whoah! I should stop whinging.
    Nah, anything that isn't your normal sleep pattern is going to make you feel like shit, no matter how big the difference

And here's our sleeping easy advice, see if it helps
    23 hours is the longest amount of time I've been up for this year. I was up at 6 to catch a train to Falmouth for an open day. Got there just after 10, had left by one and was back home about 5:30. I went to a party in the evening and didnt get to bed until 5 a.m.
    fact sheet for everything this place, well nearly everything.
    36ish hours.
    I did about 3 days a couple of years ago. I then went out on a bicycle and passed out and fell off due to lack of sleep :thumb:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Wow, you people can stay up for 3 days! I had one and my mind was already skipping instructions (as in, instructions to the CPU).
    Probably only about 24 hours (maybe a bit more) without drugs or alcohol. What's the point without drugs?

With drugs though, that's a different matter...been nearly a whole week without sleep before.
    About 24 hours.

Lightweight me :D.
    Franki wrote: »
    About 24 hours.

Lightweight me :D.

Mine is probably something shit like that.

I need my sleep!:blush:

:yes:. I'm rubbish when it comes to staying up. I rarely stay up past midnight, even on weekends :o.

The only reason I was awake that long is because it was when we'd just arrived in Peru, and we had to stay up til about 2am our time, to "get used to the time difference".

Although, having just remembered, I actually spent far longer awake than 24 hours. I got up at half 6 Wednesday morning, and didn't get to bed again til 2am Thursday night. I had work on the Wednesday night til 11, and had to be in Colchester for quarter past 3, so I just didn't go to bed.

That was hellish.
    Hmm... i've done about 72 hours, with two or three hours sleep in between when i was doing my finals. I also regularly did 36-48 hrs when i was doing coursework at uni. Hurrah!
    over 3, almost 4days,

Was years ago, involved mine and my friends N64 (so both didn't overheat) our entire game collection, i owned over 40 at the time, although main games was Zelda Ocarina of time (first time playing so took some time to complete it), Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Mariokart with alot more.

That was me, My bro and couple of friends,

ROFL, I'm so keeping you awake :p
    get a room you two...
    katralla wrote: »
    get a room you two...
    ROFL
    roflmao?
    roflmfao :yes:
    Not that long at all... I've stayed up all day and all night but then slept the next day. Can't handle no sleep. They still use sleep deprivation as a form of torture in some countries I think.
    25 hours for me. I like my sleep :)
    I feel really really shit if I miss out on it :(
    Ive done about 2 days, which is way short of the 11 day world record holder - Randy Gardener - what a name!
    About 2 days.

Caused by the pain of early labour, then labour itself and then elation at the pain being over and having a baby meant I couldnt actually sleep.