Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling unwell and the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Sorry I know this has maybe been asked before but I can't get the search thing to work for me.
I have been unwell yesterday and today but not been sick of had diarrhoea, I've had an ear with fluid in for 10 days now and this its just that just felt generally unwell and feverish.
Would this stop the pill from working??

Comments

• Options
    Should say on the instructions that came with the packet, mine says if you have diarreoh for 24 hours or more then it stops it working.

If in doubt, use extra protection for 7 days.
  • Options
    if you havent been sick or had the runs (or taken tablets) i cant see why it wouldnt work

feeling ill in itself doesnt cause the pill to stop working, passing it back out via vomit or poop does

so as long as u aint vomming or pooping runnily, you should be fine :)

but like scary said, if it'll make u feel better, use a condom to be on the safr side
  • Options
    thats what I thought!
    Think I've got an ear infection trying to go to drs tomorrow so will ask then
    thanks
  • Options
    If you have not been sick or had the runs you will be fine, unless you are taking antibiotics for your ear infection as they stop the pill working.