Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Greenwich

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Any students here that go to Greenwich uni? Eltham site? if so what's it like
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sister is going there in September. There's a forum or something for students (or something), she posted questions about her course and things on there. I'll ask her for the URL if you like.
    I snuck into their open day for wannabe teachers because my friend was looking into going. It seems nice and umm...they do nice potato wedges
    Franki wrote: »
    My sister is going there in September. There's a forum or something for students (or something), she posted questions about her course and things on there. I'll ask her for the URL if you like.

o yes please :D
    Chance89 wrote: »
    o yes please :D
    No probs :). I'll ask her tomorrow 'cause she's not here at the minute :).
    Any students here that go to Greenwich uni? Eltham site? if so what's it like

I studied at medway but lived in eltham halls for the final year, tis quite a lively place, random house parties galore and the dome is usually packed out a few nights every week, quite a big drinking culture but then show me a uni that doesn't....very easy to get hold of weed if that's your thing and the internal phone system means you can ring round all your dealers for free in 5 minutes :thumb: ......super fast internet as well to download all your favourite shows once you work out how to get around the firewall.....as far as the actual facilities on offer, i suppose the libraries are decent enough, gym is okay and pretty cheap i rinsed that while i was there, damn treadmills kept breaking though....not much to do outside of halls tbh eltham's a bit of a sleepy town, not too hard to get into central though new eltham BR is a 10 minute walk from halls, and you can get free buses down to greenwich maritime and back during the week which is pretty cool.......what else is there to know? there was a scary lesbian massive always patrolling the campus when i was there but they should have all graduated by now so don't worry yourself :p enjoy it's a good laugh, just avoid the westwood nights (resident DJ on campus it seems) as he's really not that good and often attracts the violent crowd, couple times the place got smashed up and few bouncers ended up in a+e, lol probably just a normal reaction having to listen to that twat westwood.

ETA: this might be the forum mentioned, can't say i ever looked at it tbh but it might help...

http://www.suug.co.uk/bulletin/YaBB.cgi
    it all looks rather big and scary, do people that you stay with sorter take you into their groups? like mates lol because i am starting in may and living with people who have already been there.....
    it all looks rather big and scary, do people that you stay with sorter take you into their groups? like mates lol because i am starting in may and living with people who have already been there.....

yeah sure just don't stay in your room the whole time :p i didn't know many people there as most of my mates moved back home or stayed in medway for the 3rd year, but i met all sorts of people over the year, flatmates are a good place to start....some were freshies and some had been there 2-3 years but everyone was pretty cool, don't worry about it.