Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A Reminder.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you want to register to vote for the local/Welsh/Scottish (delete as appropriate) and if you are not already, you have to do it by Wednesday. I'm about to post mine now. I'm so very excited. :hyper:

/Message brought to you by the Renzo Party for Greater Enlightenment.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will make a note in my diary ;)
    We've had to regiester for a couple of years now. Load of unneccesary hassle if you ask me. So many people have been lost from the register because of it.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ooh nice on Renzo, I've been known to forget to register in the past :blush:

I'm registered :D
    and I have no idea what this registering is for, and couldn't care either :P
    You should care :yes:. I'm sure Renzo will be along in a while to explain why...

I would register but the voting day is a day I have an exam on, so won't be able to vote anyway.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    and I have no idea what this registering is for, and couldn't care either :P

Dont complain next time your local council does something you dont agree with then. Wait your not old enough to vote...noone cares what you think ;)

ETA: Franki: Most places are open from 7 am - 10 pm or something. I have a dissertation to hand in on election day. Depending on when i vote i may vote pissed. :)
    Renzo wrote: »
    Dont complain next time your local council does something you dont agree with then.

ETA: Franki: Most places are open from 7 am - 10 pm or something. I have a dissertation to hand in on election day. Depending on when i vote i may vote pissed. :)
    Yeh, but it's my first exam. Which will mean revising all morning, and revising for the exam the day after all night :(.
    One of my flatmates works for the Labour party, so I'll probably vote SNP to piss him off :thumb:
    Franki wrote: »
    Yeh, but it's my first exam. Which will mean revising all morning, and revising for the exam the day after all night :(.

Postal vote?
    couple of months too young
    Renzo wrote: »
    Postal vote?
    Explain to me how I do that, and I'll consider it.

I think I'll probably be too late to register anyway, since I am too busy to even look at the website properly...
    Explain to me how I do that, and I'll consider it.

I think I'll probably be too late to register anyway, since I am too busy to even look at the website properly...

www.aboutmyvote.co.uk

All the information you need is on there i believe. Go to the How To Vote bit on the side and theres a link.
    I would register but the voting day is a day I have an exam on, so won't be able to vote anyway.

The polls are open from 7 in the morning till 10 in the night. Don't try and tell me you're going to be occupied for 15 hours straight? And it's not like you live in the countryside, I'm sure you're polling station is quite close to your house.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want us to have a Raving Loony candidate.

Bet we don't.
    I never vote. I'm really glad and grateful I can, but all politicians are the same in Scotland. I've not really seen much progress happen to encourage me to vote.

ETA - £400million on the fucking parliament was enough to put me off, actually.
    I don't know enough about politics to vote. I don't think I'm registered anyway...
    Oh deary me, it's on May 3rd. I'm sure I've something on that day ;)
    1983 wrote: »
    ETA - £400million on the fucking parliament was enough to put me off, actually.

Especially when it was originally estimated at £40 million or something.

It goes two ways, you have the right to vote, but you have the right not to vote.

I don't mind people who don't vote as long as they have a reason not to.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Especially when it was originally estimated at £40 million or something.

Exactly, and they want ME to be in favour of that by voting?! Fuck that for a laugh. It's laughable they thought 400million was worth making an indoor playground for those schmucks.