Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scale Error

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Doing a bit of studying for upcoming psychology exams today and came across this thing that is seen in young kids called 'scale error'. Basically they can't differentiate between big things and their model counterparts, so you have kids trying to get into model versions of those yellow and red cars that they go about in, and trying to sit down on tiny little chairs.

Anyway here's some clips: http://www.faculty.virginia.edu/childstudycenter/clips.html

There's a particularly funny one of this fat kid trying to go down a slide that's about 2 inches tall. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    awww
  • Options
    Doesn't let me seeeee...and it sounds like something I'd well titter at, too. Woe :(
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Doesn't let me seeeee...and it sounds like something I'd well titter at, too. Woe :(
    Me too :(.
  • Options
    dunno whether it's fair to call that kid fat though, it's a toddler and they kinda just are that shape til they straighten out a bit.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

do you use internet explorer or something else?

Katralla wrote:
    dunno whether it's fair to call that kid fat though, it's a toddler and they kinda just are that shape til they straighten out a bit.

whatever! fat kid in my eyes.
  • Options
    chuckle
  • Options
    (Ted holds up a toy cow to Dougal)
    "This is a SMALL COW."
    (Ted points out the window)
    "Those cows are FAR AWAY."

:D
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    (Ted holds up a toy cow to Dougal)
    "This is a SMALL COW."
    (Ted points out the window)
    "Those cows are FAR AWAY."

:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I STILL find that popping in to my head from time to time....and it STILL makes me laugh like a loon....often in public, sadly....:hyper:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: I STILL find that popping in to my head from time to time....and it STILL makes me laugh like a loon....often in public, sadly....:hyper:

:lol: Me too!
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    :lol: Me too!

:thumb: :D
  • Options
    Yea I had to use the netscape versions at the bottom (bizarrely, since I'm on ie7 [not by choice])