Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HELP PLEASE

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have smoked cigarettes for about a year or so andthe other day i bummed a cigarette from a good friend. Abut 30 seconds later i started to get very, very,lightheaded and i had to sit down. Yes yes i do get a slight buz when i take a big hit but nothin like this help...thx

Comments

• Options
    I get that sometimes.... dunno why tho.
  • Options
    There are two ways to describe why you get a head rush from smoking fags, but both lead to the same answer.
    Not enough Oxygen getting to the brain. This is not as bad as it sounds as it is only one or two pumps of the heart and the dead brain cells probably only number in the hundreds of thousands.

wise men talk because they have somthing to say, fools talk because they have to say somthing.

[This message has been edited by Shades of Green (edited 31-08-2001).]
  • Options
    This is commonly known as a head rush as was said above. I bloody hate them strangley enough, but dont get em often so nothing too bad to make me wann not smoke unfortunatly lol!
  • Options
    Ya this is completely normal, as it has happened to me after not smoking for a few days.. happens to everyone. heh